Arizona

OurWildHeart

Chillin' with the herd
Reaction score
Struck up in Tonopah, AZ. Way out west for all your east-valley & south-goers.

Happy to be here, days may be hot, but there's never a day something can't be done.

azfarmgirl

Just born
Reaction score
Hi Everyone,

I am a member of BYC, and have lots of ducks, chickens, and geese on the way. I joined BYH because we will be getting a rabbit soon, and it always helps to have advise from those more experienced.

I am up in the beautiful White Mountains, where it is snowing today. :/ not going to complain to much because I know we need the moisture, but looking forward to a warm rainy day.

GoldBarRanch

Exploring the pasture
Reaction score
Hello All,
We are located way west in WITTMANN AZ.
We have a hobby farm and raise nigerian/pygmy goats, Silkies chickens, and have rabbits, ducks, miniature longhorn bull, miniature donkeys, miniature horse and dont forget the peacocks. And a huge sulcata spurred tortiose, a few dogs thats it SO FAR !

CircleStar Ranch

Just born
Reaction score
Greets fellow Zonies!

I currently am "land-locked" in the East Valley but hope to be moving early fall (??) to the western fringes of the metro-plex. Once we know for sure, I will devulge the location (don't want to jinx the counter-to-the-counter offer) :lol:

-Dutch

SherrieT

Just born
Reaction score
:D

HELLO!

I'm in Tucson and will, finially, be moving to my one acre heaven at the end of the month. I have chickens ( that an incredible friend has had at her place) but they will be moving home with me. And I can also get me goats!!!!

I'm still researching fencing options and don't even know what type I will get yet but am leaning to LaManchas. So glad to be here!

GoldBarRanch

Exploring the pasture
Reaction score
Sounds like your learning towards a Dairy goat? before getting your goat I would reommend this book its tells you everything you will need to know before getting your goat its a great book to have on had and a great read too (STOREYS GUIDE TO RAISING DAIRY GOATS ) or if you decide the meat goat ( STOREYS GUIDE TO RAISING MEAT GOATS )
SherrieT said:

HELLO!

I'm in Tucson and will, finially, be moving to my one acre heaven at the end of the month. I have chickens ( that an incredible friend has had at her place) but they will be moving home with me. And I can also get me goats!!!!

I'm still researching fencing options and don't even know what type I will get yet but am leaning to LaManchas. So glad to be here!

breezy B ranch

Chillin' with the herd
Reaction score
Hello !! I live near Vail Az just outside of Tucson. We have a few dairy goats, chickens, dogs and 2 kids(the people kind :D ) I just saw a AZ thread the other day but I don't know how to tell you to find it!! lol Well any of you here in Az that are selling an in milk dairy goat hit me up because we are looking for one more and I have looked everywhere I can think and can't find one. Glad to have you all join us here on BYH!!

SherrieT

Just born
Reaction score
Its scheduled to be delivered Wednesday! I did have goats up in Washington But had rehome them when I had to move. Broke my heart.

GoldBarRanch said:
Sounds like your learning towards a Dairy goat? before getting your goat I would reommend this book its tells you everything you will need to know before getting your goat its a great book to have on had and a great read too (STOREYS GUIDE TO RAISING DAIRY GOATS ) or if you decide the meat goat ( STOREYS GUIDE TO RAISING MEAT GOATS )
SherrieT said:

HELLO!

dasher

Exploring the pasture
Reaction score
I'm also in Arizona and just joined. I'm interested in finding other people that are raising sheep in the state. There doesn't seem to be a lot of variety here.

ca

Chillin' with the herd
Reaction score
Welcome!
Can't help you with the sheep. But I have increased my alpaca herd from 5 last year to 14. :rolleyes: