Arkansas

lolalucy

Exploring the pasture
Reaction score
Hi all I live near Mountain home Arkansas and am new to goats. I am getting my first ones on Monday. I also have 2 dogs, 1 pineapple green cheek conure and 12 chickens.

HallFamilyPoultry-Jim

Chillin' with the herd
Reaction score
lilhill said:
Not much on this Arkansas thread yet.

We are in Southeast Arkansas, near Monticello. Just have poultry, but the kids are planning to acquire some livestock with a youth farm loan.

We are Hall Family Poultry aka JimsFarmStand. We have a small farm in southeast Arkansas near Monticello.

5787_christmas_hall_family_2011.jpg

We raise Orpingtons in Bantam and Large Fowl. Blue, Black, Splash and Buff.

I grew up on a 743 acre farm/ranch near Checotah, Oklahoma. We raised watermelons, vegetables, soybeans etc. Our livestock was registered Black Angus cattle, Nubian dairy goats. Later we acquired a flock of Icelandic sheep. We are planning to reacquire some cattle and meat goats. Here is some of our exhibition Orpingtons.

5787_nicole_and_jacob.jpg

Arkantex

Exploring the pasture
Reaction score
We grew up in Arkansas. My wife lived in Mt. Pleasant and I lived in Camden. We met in Conway at UCA. GO BEARS! Now we live out in west texas but want to move back there some day. Such a beautiful place.

HallFamilyPoultry-Jim

Chillin' with the herd
Reaction score
HallFamilyPoultry-Jim said:
lilhill said:
Not much on this Arkansas thread yet.

We are in Southeast Arkansas, near Monticello. Just have poultry, but the kids are planning to acquire some livestock with a youth farm loan.

We are Hall Family Poultry aka JimsFarmStand. We have a small farm in southeast Arkansas near Monticello.

[img]http://www.backyardherds.com/forum/uploads/5787_christmas_hall_family_2011.jpg[/img]

We raise Orpingtons in Bantam and Large Fowl. Blue, Black, Splash and Buff.

I grew up on a 743 acre farm/ranch near Checotah, Oklahoma. We raised watermelons, vegetables, soybeans etc. Our livestock was registered Black Angus cattle, Nubian dairy goats. Later we acquired a flock of Icelandic sheep. We are planning to reacquire some cattle and meat goats. Here is some of our exhibition Orpingtons.

[img]http://www.backyardherds.com/forum/uploads/5787_nicole_and_jacob.jpg[/img]
We now have a Boer doe. She is expecting her first any day!

5787_jasmine.jpg

5787_jasmine_2.jpg

And if anyone needs a livestock guardian dog, Bell is available and listed in the BSA on BYH.

5787_bell_lgd.jpg

fortheloveofgoats

Overrun with beasties
Reaction score
:welcome So happy to have you here. The people here are great! Need any advice, you will get a lot of help. Want friends on here, you will make some in no time. :D

bbredmom

Ridin' The Range
Reaction score
Native Arkie here! We are located south of Vilonia, about 35 minutes north of Little Rock. We have Goats, donkeys, Dogs (including two great Pyr), Chickens, and cats.

chachaburch

Just born
Reaction score
Hi there! New to this Forum. I live just outside Hot Springs. We have 33 Chickens, 13 Muscovy Ducks (with about 30 eggs being sat on now), 2 pygmy goats, and 1 Anatolian Shepherd (our LGD) named Harley. I haven't been doing this very long (less than a year) and I'm still having major learning pains :) I would love to post pics, but haven't figured out yet.

Jeanie Stiles

Just born
Reaction score
Hello I live in a little community in south central Arkansas called Tulip.We have two horses,5 pygmy goats,28 hens and 2 roasters,and 3 very spoiled dogs.Love it here in Arkansas, this is where I grew up!I am new to this forum,but hope to meet good friends and learn alot from everyone. :)

Latest posts