attack bunny....what's wrong?

PunkinPeep

Exploring the pasture
Reaction score
I'm so super new to rabbits it isn't funny. So please bare with me.

I have 3 New Zealand does and a 13 week-old Californian/Flemish Giant cross buck.

Yesterday, my husband said that Molly, one of the does, seemed to be attacking his hand when he fed her yesterday. At the time, i thought maybe it's just because she's not used to him. Normally i do all the feeding, etc. Frankly, i thought maybe he misinterpreted something.

But this morning, when i fed her, more specifically, when i put my hand with the measuring cup, into her cage and moved it toward her feeder, she jumped on my hand (causing most of the feed to spill everywhere), and when i tried again, she did the same thing a second time (i know; longest run-on sentence ever). She didn't jump at my hand with any other movement.

So, i put away the measuring cup, and just reached in to pet her. Every time i touched her, she sort of whined. Short, little peepy whines. I don't know what this means. She may have grunted a little too. None of my other rabbits are vocal. She sounds like she's in pain, but i'm not sure.

Please help.

Henrietta23

Ridin' The Range
Reaction score
My doe has done it once to me and a friend's has done it to her. She told me that when they get like that it usually means they're in heat or whatever you call in rabbits. (I'm no expert, mine are always just pets.) But since yours is a doe as well, maybe that is significant?

PunkinPeep

Exploring the pasture
Reaction score
Thank you very much. That helps. :)

Latest posts