Attacking the others

NicoleSmith

Just born
Reaction score
I have goats in my backyard. I wanted to have them earlier, but couldn’t do it because of my job. But now I have quit my job and I am going to have more herds. I started of with goats for now. I am planning to grow sheeps and rabbit soon. But I have paused that plan as I want to expand the place for both of them. Also, I was thinking of getting some home security system as now I am going to have more herd in the backyard.

Would that be a good idea? Also, I want to know what I should do to avoid the habit of attacking each other. One of the goats in the herd seems to harm to others. I have put her in a separate place for the time being. Any idea how I should be dealing with it?

Southern by choice

Herd Master
Reaction score
Goats develop a pecking order. Grow your herd slowly and make sure you have a quarantine area for any new additions.
How old are the goats you have now and are they all from the same place? What breed? All does?
Grow your herd of goats slowly so you can learn how to care for them and see how much time is required.

Keep in mind sheep with eat alot of grass and your back yard depending on size could be gone in a few weeks.

Hopefully you bought clean tested goats, if not I advise you to test the goats you have before adding any more or adding sheep.

Welcome to BYH! :frow

NicoleSmith

Just born
Reaction score
For now, I have only 20 of them. 7 of them are from a different place than the others. Would that be a problem? And yes they are now 5-6 months old... Do you think this attacking behavior grow as they grow?