Attention Bookworms... It's Time For The 2019 Reading Challenge!

GypsyG

Loving the herd life
Reaction score
Every year Goodreads.com has their annual reading challenge. You set your own goal for how many books you want to read for the year. This year I have set my goal at 60. I have already finished the first book, The Golden Evenings Of Summer, by Will Stanton and I have now started on number two - The All Girl Filling Stations Last Reunion, by Fannie Flagg.

Are there any other bookworms here who would like to participate? We can share reviews and recommendations. You don't even have to join Goodreads if you don't want to... Just set a goal, pick up a book, and share!

HomesteaderWife

True BYH Addict
Reaction score
This is extremely interesting to stumble across with this thread. I've made it a goal in the New Year to read the way I did when I was young- I do believe I will join!

GypsyG

Loving the herd life
Reaction score
This is extremely interesting to stumble across with this thread. I've made it a goal in the New Year to read the way I did when I was young- I do believe I will join!
Welcome!
The Fanny Flagg book I just finished was great! It made me laugh so hard I cried. I highly recommend it, along with anything else that she has written.

Amelie the Bee Keeper

Overrun with beasties
Reaction score
What book did you choose to kick off the new year?
I choose to read A Girl named Disater. This was a book that gave me nightmares in 3rd or 4th grade. Most likely because I was like 9 years old and ir was meant for like 18+ years old! It was great!

GypsyG

Loving the herd life
Reaction score
I just finished up The Winter Witch, the third book in Katherine Arden's Winter Night Trilogy. It was AWESOME! The trilogy is a fantasy series based on old Russian folklore and fairytales. If you even like fairytales a little bit, I highly recommend this series!

Now I'm going to change direction completely and read a book that I have had sitting on my nightstand a few months... Back To Blood by Tom Wolfe.

HomesteaderWife

True BYH Addict
Reaction score
Currently I'm reading The 40 Day Word Fast by...Tim Cameron? It's a Christian book that challenges you to eliminate negative words from your life. Hopefully after that I'll pick up some old favorites from when I was a kid- Misty of Chincoteague, King of the Wind, Wild Horse Running, and Born to Trot (all horse books). I'll read through some others after those are finished (unfortunately I lost almost all my books, so I'm slowly re-collecting). I'll probably pick up Richard Proenneke's book One Man's Wilderness again! Loved it so much.

GypsyG

Loving the herd life
Reaction score
Currently I'm reading The 40 Day Word Fast by...Tim Cameron? It's a Christian book that challenges you to eliminate negative words from your life. Hopefully after that I'll pick up some old favorites from when I was a kid- Misty of Chincoteague, King of the Wind, Wild Horse Running, and Born to Trot (all horse books). I'll read through some others after those are finished (unfortunately I lost almost all my books, so I'm slowly re-collecting). I'll probably pick up Richard Proenneke's book One Man's Wilderness again! Loved it so much.
What about the Walter Farley books? ;)