Ausra Farms - Updated

Alexz7272

True BYH Addict
Reaction score
Thanks for all the warm thoughts, its been tough without Lady especially since my other 3 dogs have been acting up since she passed but I hope things are starting to settle :fl

I baler is STILL not functioning correctly. I have the engineer on it but between his patents & me going back to college, its been slow moving. On the other note though, HE BOUGHT US AN AUGER!!! I was soooo excited!! :weee

Tractor.JPG

Finally got a 'better' image of the baler, we are replacing the pickup teeth & re-welding some parts that were broken, so yes it looks like a hot mess, sorry.
Baler.jpg

Baby alpaca (which I have still not names or registered yet) :th Is doing much better! She is having a blast and seems not to be bothered at all from her previous injury! She will have a small white dot on her eye but the vet said she will not lose her sight :thumbsup
Alpacas.jpeg

And here was everyone waiting for their treats they didn't really need :lol:
Everyone.jpg

I also have been working on the two babies, brown is 7 months, white is my 2 month old. They are getting more and more comfortable. (White was born on farm, brown off farm)

Babies.jpg

On a sidenote (I know we dont really talk about chickens here) I got a fairy egg for the first time and it was AWESOME :gig

Here is a comparison:

Fairy Egg.jpg

So I brought it into work to show everyone (no one knows anything about farming) and put it on this cute little sheep my co-worker made me. You guys dont want to see how much sheep stuff I have at my desk :D

Fairy Egg2.jpg

Latestarter

Novice; "Practicing" Animal Husbandry
Golden Herd Member
Reaction score
Congrats on the new auger! Glad the baby won't lose the eye and will be OK. Sorry the baler still isn't gainfully employable. Thanks for stopping by with an update and pics. :D:clap

Alexz7272

True BYH Addict
Reaction score
Ughhh, I just discovered one of my ewes lambed this year has HORRID fly-strike. I just cant. I checked my other ewe and she has it as well, but not as bad. Guys, I have a stomach if steel. This made me gag, it is so disgusting and I feel so bad. I’ve been up since I got off work, working on getting these two better. I haven’t been able to check everyone else yet but you could tell they were messed up and the others seem ‘fine’ for now. Fly-strike is no joke :(

Wehner Homestead

Herd Master
Reaction score
Ughhh, I just discovered one of my ewes lambed this year has HORRID fly-strike. I just cant. I checked my other ewe and she has it as well, but not as bad. Guys, I have a stomach if steel. This made me gag, it is so disgusting and I feel so bad. I’ve been up since I got off work, working on getting these two better. I haven’t been able to check everyone else yet but you could tell they were messed up and the others seem ‘fine’ for now. Fly-strike is no joke :(

I’m SO sorry!! Hoping you get everything taken care of and it turns out well!!

Latestarter

Novice; "Practicing" Animal Husbandry
Golden Herd Member
Reaction score
Sorry... for you and the ewes. I hope it's not so bad you have to lose the ewes. :hugs

Donna R. Raybon

Loving the herd life
Reaction score
It happens to the best of us. Used to hate it when calves born now. Had to really watch them close and make sure they got sprayed on rear and navel with fly spray.

I docked my Katahdins and usually had no problems once spring grass flushed and green grass poops gone. But, even then still have one or two ...VBS

Latest posts