AZGoatgal's Journal

Goatgal53

Chillin' with the herd
Reaction score
1. What state/province/country are you in and what is your climate like?
I live in Wittman, Arizona which is NW of Phoenix. About 16 miles NW of Surprise, AZ
2. How many people are in your family? Marital status?
Live with my sister and her daughter of 13 and my hubby Les
3. How would you define your farm?
About 2 acres
4. What would you do with your spare time if you had any resources you needed?
[b Travel. Breed all types of animals[/b]
7. Who or what inspired you to be a farmer/rancher, hobby farmer?
Since coming to live with my sister I had the chance to have goats and chickens.
8 Is it a hobby or an occupation?
Hobby
9. In what areas are you knowledgeable and in what areas would you like to learn more?
Been dog trainer. Learn more about goats. Love to have a horse I can ride and care for. We have one horse on the place. He is nice to play with but to unpredictable for a person with my disabilities.
10. In what types of farming will you never choose to do?
Don't really care for pigs.
11. Are you interested in providing more of your own food supply?
Wish I could but I tend to love my animals to much to kill them.
13. Can you drive a farm tractor or a semi?
No don't drive at anything.
14. Do you make crafts or useful items? Would you want to teach others how to do these?
I love to do sand paintings. I have my own style
15. Can you legally have all forms of livestock where you are at? Do you have any? What kinds?
Yes we are in the country but the land lord does limit what we can have. Goats and chickens OK.
17. Do you like to garden? If so, what do you enjoy growing?
I find it to hard to grow. Tried corn but it just dried up.
28. Are your family or friends also interested in animals?
Mostley
29. Do you like to cook? Are you interested in whole foods and natural foods? raw milk? farm fresh eggs?
No don't much like to cook. WE do have our own eggs.
30. What was your best animal experience? Worst?
Watching a goat give birth. I fell of the horse we have when a cat ran from under leaves right next to Cody. With my disabilities of being unbalanced I fell off. I have't been on a horse since. Wish I could. Need a really easy going horse now. Cody would never had made me fall 10 years ago.
37. In what do you trust?
GOD

Goatgal53

Chillin' with the herd
Reaction score
Ok Now that is done. I want to say that we have 9 adult goats on the place. Two are bucks. One mini Nubian and one Nigerian Dwarf. Right now we have 11 kids running around. We are keeping 3 so far. I personally own 3 of the adult goats. My sister owns the rest. My Kate is a Nubian doe and Dazzle is a Nubian/Nigerian Dwarf. Little Trinket is Nigerian Dwarf. I am keeping one of Kate's kids which I named Pearl. She is my avatar.
Dazzle is due to kid one the first of March. This will be her first time. She is 3 years old and never caught before. To young I guess the first time and the buck that was used last year had low sperm count. I am excited for her to have her first kids Here she is and a picture of the buck Reggie.

8451_dazzle_due_in_2_weeks.jpg
[/img]
8451_dazzle_bag_2_weeks_to_go.jpg
[/img]
8451_handsome_reggie.jpg

Goatgal53

Chillin' with the herd
Reaction score
Here is my Kate and her kids. Jewel and Pearl. I am keeping Pearl who is the one with the pearl colored ears
8451_jewel_2_weeks.jpg

8451_pearl_1_week_large_2.jpg

8451_jewel_and_pearl_2_weeks_old.jpg

8451_mysweetkate.jpg

Goatgal53

Chillin' with the herd
Reaction score
Lastly here is sweet little Nigerian Dwarf Trinket that is way small for her age of one year. I hope she will be big enough next fall to breed. She is a shaggy girl right now.
8451_trinket_1_year_old.jpg

Goatgal53

Chillin' with the herd
Reaction score
Had 41 views but nobody post to me. Must be pretty hard for a newby to break ice. I hope to get some friends.

marlowmanor

Reaction score
I like Jewel and Trinket. :drool
Dazzle is pretty. Good luck with her kidding. :fl

:welcome

Shelly May

Chillin' with the herd
Reaction score
:welcome, sorry for not posting sooner, the goats look great, but what do I know, I am a sheep girl, no really congrads on the babies, and yes I like the one with the white ears too. :thumbsup

greenbean

Overrun with beasties
Reaction score
Your goats are lovely! :love The kids are adorable, I love floppy ears. Good luck with Dazzles kidding! Looking forward to future posts :D