B&B Happy Goats....journal

greybeard

Herd Master
Reaction score
We have two solar powered LED motion detection lights and love them, just ordered two more today :)
But we are in Florida...bugs are everywhere, :idunno
I have 3 good Flowtron bug zappers on the front porch, (not those plastic 'Stinger' pieces of crap Walmart sells) the piles of dead bugs below would fill a 2 lb coffeecan each morning easily.
I opened the protective grid up on one to allow in and kill all the dang June bugs. They have a distinctive odor while frying...and exude a LOT of smoke and steam.

CntryBoy777

Herd Master
Reaction score
Looks like the summer weather pattern is here for our enjoyment as it builds to the "heights of summer".....hope ya can stay cool enough up that way.....just remember we are a bit further south, so are closer to the "fire".....oh, remember that ya are more than welcome here.....at any time, especially if ya have a named storm heading that way....ya have options available if needed to "hunker down".....:)

Bruce

Herd Master
Reaction score
Sophie is cute but apparently not too bright ;)

Lol june bugs are nasty, we keep our zappers away from the house (at least 12 feet) ...no reason to invite them inside and the chickens eat the dead bugs :) everyone is happy !:highfive:
I would think having those out by the rabbit pens would be a good place. Call the insects away from the house and then feed the chickens as they drop to the ground.

CntryBoy777

Herd Master
Reaction score
Thank you for the invite and the storm shelter....have ya got room for three dogs, a cat six goats and their kids, rabbits and our chickens :lol:...i am the stupid one that won't leave my animals !
Used to live in the sarasota area of fl...now that's HOT !
If I get the major portion of the lot fenced, it wouldn't bother us to have some more animals, but Gabbie and Calli may feel a bit different....but if it is Bad....it can be dealt with for a bit....course it could be a 2-way street....:lol:.....glad to hear ya had some "no-shows".....:)

greybeard

Herd Master
Reaction score
and really wanting thorny bushs that are drought tolerable, and grow fast lol..
Mesquite or Huisache.......both are fast growing but also extremely invasive too.
Osage orange is always an option, if you can deal with the horseapples.
Baymule can send you some greenbriar........
:hide

CntryBoy777

Herd Master
Reaction score
I'm much closer and have plenty of green briars, dew berries, and many other fast growers....however, some running roses would be something to look at and enjoy with most of the thorns on the fence instead of the ground....vermin will bed up and hide in the other ground covering thorns.....also, once coons are weaned and following mom, it won't be long before she will run them from her territory to find and establish their own....so, whether ya see them or not...they will be out there...it is a never ending battle....:)

greybeard

Herd Master
Reaction score
i really would like on that leaves a longlasting impression on the critters !
This one will, however, it will also leave @ least a semi-lasting impression on your bank account.

cyclops.jpg

Cyclops SUPER, 12 Joule, 200 Acre, Solar Powered Energizer Kit | Free USA Shipping
[
/i]