B&B Happy Goats....journal

Baymule

Herd Master
Reaction score
We used to have a furniture store. At the risk of alienating my female friends, I have to say that women can be the stupidest creatures allowed to breathe, eat and drink. Don't believe me? Then deal with them in a retail situation. Case in point:

Female shopper: I need a new mattress set, mine is horrible, my back hurts and I can't sleep.
Me: Let me show you a few sets that I think you'll like.
Then I proceed to show her mattress sets, encourage her to lay down, lay on her side and rest a moment on each one until she finds one that suits her.
FS: This is great, I love this mattress, it feels so good!
She goes on and on how this is the one she wants.
FS: Does this come in any other color?
Indeed, mattress companies know that women are fickle and that "pretty" sells.
Me: No mam, this is the only color that this set comes in.
FS: Then I don't want it.
Me: Do you have sheets on your bed?
FS: Yes (looking at me like I'm an idiot)
Me: Surely you sleep in the dark with your eyes closed and you have sheets, mattress cover and a bedspread on your bed.
FS: (starting to get nasty) Yes, but I'd know it was under there.
Me: Really? What color is the mattress set that you have now?
FS: (stammering) I-I-I-don't know.
Me: (smiling) Exactly my point.
FS: gets mad and storms out

Most people were a delight to work with and we enjoyed them. But then there are those who make you wonder how they even make it through the day.

AmberLops

Herd Master
Reaction score
Ha ha! I get your point!
I don't understand how most people get through the day! Every time you think you've seen/heard it all, another one comes around :lol:
Working at a vet clinic is pretty strange but I do have to say that the men are the worst in those situations...neutering their dogs for example, or asking me for a paper towel, writing their number on it and sticking it in my scrub pocket...too many times, it's crazy :smack
Then there's the 'i'll take my giant dog-aggressive pitbull in the waiting room'...and you have to ask them to wait outside or in their car...then having to go out to their car to get them is not fun when both dog and owner are angry.
Plus the panic of emergency situations, men tend to become violent and I've had a lot of close calls :eek:

AlleysChicks

True BYH Addict
Reaction score
I had someone do that to me!
He asked me how much and I told him, he said he'll pick 'them' up later that day...I told him no, it's the price for each and I never heard back from him :lol:
yes! Drives me crazy.

I just had someone message me about the lionheads I had posted the other day. Can you deliver? I'll give you $30 extra if you deliver. Now I thought about it but I asked where they were at. Y'all they were 3 hrs away. I told them if they were local I'd meet them but since they were so far away they'd have to pick up. $30 wouldn't even cover my gas there let alone back. Then they offered $15 for halfway! People are crazy.

Goat Whisperer

Herd Master
Reaction score
Why are people so flippin stupid ? I had someone answer a CL ad on my Flemish Giant rabbits this week, the pictures of the kits and both parents are listed on the ad. This person asked alot of questions, which isn't a problem.. (47 texts) ....but last night, at midnight they sent me a text asking for pictures....who sends a stranger a text at midnight ? ...."a idiot", apparently does...so I replied". Pictures are on CL, I am in bed...you get no rabbit from me, the rabbit is way to smart for you... and will escape and eat your tiny little brain, your number is now blocked on my phone.! "
:hide I’ve sent messengers and emails at that hour. I don’t do much through text.
I know a lot of people that work third shift. Their day is our night, we have had dairies inquire at 3am- they just finished milking.
I do refrain from texting at late hours though. But now depending on your phone getting email alerts can be similar to getting a text.

I do get being frustrating with a million questions. If I advertise anything I try to make the ad very very thorough. I don’t have time for 800 questions. It’s on the ad.
Oh and pictures. The pictures listed are what you get. I had someone that wanted 30 pictures and a video for a $175 goat. Um no.:he It’s 175 $, why would I do that? Dealing with people can be frustrating. I’ve had my fair share of frustrations and I certainly get it.
Sometimes my response depends on whether or not they know our farm name :hide :lol:

I’m selling an unregistered bottle kid for $100. I have someone wanting him but doesn’t want to bottle feed. They keep emailing asking if he’s weaned :he
No. He’s a kid. And do you really think he’s gonna be that cheap at weaning?!? Ugh.
I’m done with the people. I’m taking him to the sale barn and selling him for meat in a few weeks. I’ll do better there $ wise anyway. Oh well.

CntryBoy777

Herd Master
Reaction score
This may help ya out......:lol:....
IMG_3770.jpg

AmberLops

Herd Master
Reaction score
yes! Drives me crazy.

I just had someone message me about the lionheads I had posted the other day. Can you deliver? I'll give you $30 extra if you deliver. Now I thought about it but I asked where they were at. Y'all they were 3 hrs away. I told them if they were local I'd meet them but since they were so far away they'd have to pick up. $30 wouldn't even cover my gas there let alone back. Then they offered $15 for halfway! People are crazy.
Oh man that's crazy!!