B&B Happy Goats....journal

AlleysChicks

True BYH Addict
Reaction score
All is well, DH is resting his back today and not dependent on the walker, he did go outside this morning and managed a trip up and down the back steps. Then back to the bed....
I got a turkey from my neighbor today , a white broad breasted that is about 20 to 25 lbs., so he can hang out with the goats like he was doing next door as a pet, unless he is misbehaving , then he will become dinner. He is eating bugs so if I can teach him to eat goat berries that is a big plus lol.
I turned down two bottle kids last night.....I am holding my position on the three doe's and the two boys (to be wethers as soon as nuts fall off) ..... and telling myself "no breeding till April" ...lol...
Have a great day yall :highfive:
maybe DH needs bubblewrap lol
Hope that Turkey eats all the bugs, my ducks are great bug eaters. They love hanging under the rabbit hutches tons of flies there.
You turned down bottle babies :epthose aren't really goats they're just kids lol I'm holding strong at 5 (4 does and 1 buck) right now but I'd like to have a solid dozen at least (10 does and 2 bucks). I seen the prettiest moonspotted polled blue eyed buckling on Facebook yesterday. I need one like him. Hopefully next year I will find one or this fall :weee

Senile_Texas_Aggie

Herd Master
Reaction score
Miss @B&B Happy goats,

I hope you and your DH can get some rest and recover. Both of you have worked so hard, and have had several setbacks recently. I surely want you folks to be healthy and happy. You, Miss @B&B Happy goats, seem to have one of the most upbeat journals. I just love reading about your adventures. But even Wonder Woman needs to rest sometimes. So you do as well.

Senile Texas Aggie

AlleysChicks

True BYH Addict
Reaction score
:lol::gig
I had pekin ducks a couple of years ago. They were SO nasty and scared of everything, even me :rantI raised them like I did the chickens. I'd talk to them whenever I got the chance and spent extra long trying to bond with them during feeding time.
I finally had it and put them in the pond. They lasted a couple days before they disappeared. I wasn't even upset.

Now last year I caved and got muscovy ducklings. It was like day and night! They were like small feathered dogs. They are clean! And smell nothing like those stinkin pekins! They walk right up to me in the yard and like neck scratches. I'll never get a different breed.

Latest posts