B&B Happy Goats....journal

farmerjan

Herd Master
Reaction score
Sounds like you have figured out a good deal with the dogs. A puppy will upset the routine some, but hopefully not too much since it will not be big or old enough to challenge Missy. Have you sold all the goats yet?
Haven't heard much about yours, and your husbands health. Things get settled down? How is he doing from the surgery? Is your eye back to normal now?
I know about the going back and forth to take care of others stuff. Although I don't go 5 times a day, going 5 miles up to my sons to do the chickens and sheep gets old. Of course, he will have to come here to do the one pen of chickens and the cats once a day when I have the ankle replacement.....but he can swing by here on his way home or to work, but it still will be 5 miles out of his way. I would move the chickens to his place but there's the cats......

Bruce

Herd Master
Reaction score
and last night Missy came up to me to let me know it was time...7:30 yepper, she was right !
Amazing isn't it that animals can't read clocks but they sure know what time it is when a routine is established based on time.

Sushi anytime you want it ... as long as you have the fresh fish! Unless it is something like veggie sushi, easier to keep the ingredients on hand.

thistlebloom

Herd Master
Reaction score
(supposed to make the poop taste worse ?)

Hmmm.. .make the poop taste worse... I'm having trouble figuring out how it could possibly be worse, lol 🤣.
My dogs follow the cats, and I try not to see it, but that is one nasty appetite for grossness. For some reason the herbivore poo eating doesn't disturb me as much.

Baymule

Herd Master
Reaction score
I am making eggnog for ringing in the New Year, we have taken full advantage of the Thanksgiving and Christmas season. We had already gained a few pounds anyway. LOL Last year at this time I was 152 pounds, we went on the Keto diet and I dropped to 132 and a steady 134 and went off the diet. I still ate reasonably healthy, and only gained back 4 pounds. Not too shabby. The Keto diet is a good diet, we were never super strict on it, I didn't count macros (whatever the crap that is) and I didn't count up grams of carbs. I grew English peas (not on the diet) and by golly, we ate them. So we ate some things not on the list of approved foods, but overall we still lost weight. So as of this morning I weigh 138 pounds. I dropped from size 8 blue jeans to a size 6. I want to drop to 130-132 and try to stay there.

This is a great cookbook, I recommend it.

Losing weight is not an overnight thing, it takes dedication and effort, which I know you have a LOT of. Set goals in increments. It is easier to achieve a 5 pound loss than a 20 pound loss. Reach the 5 pound loss, reset it.

Latest posts