B&B Happy Goats....journal

Duckfarmerpa1

Herd Master
Reaction score
Home from auction...didn’t go well...let’s just say...we will only go there to buy a pig to slaughter right away. We took a bath on the small animals I took, that were raised as my pets...I tried to buy my ducks back from this guy that people said immediately processes everything he buys. He wouldn’t. Learned a hard lesson. But, we still had fun. We love our road trips..stopped and got wood and 5gal buckets, and ice cream..so romantic:lol:

Baymule

Herd Master
Reaction score
That's tough about your ducks. I look at it as better for me to eat surplus roosters than sell them for a pittance and someone else eats them. It's not for everybody, but I look at it as they had the best life I could give them, I know how they were treated, how they were raised and what they ate. I say a prayer over every one of them.

Duckfarmerpa1

Herd Master
Reaction score
That's tough about your ducks. I look at it as better for me to eat surplus roosters than sell them for a pittance and someone else eats them. It's not for everybody, but I look at it as they had the best life I could give them, I know how they were treated, how they were raised and what they ate. I say a prayer over every one of them.
Yes, basically how noramally feel, but I have sooo mnay drakes, we had to downsize for some fighting to stop. I will definitely be praying for they that part of their lives they are remembering the good times they had...

Duckfarmerpa1

Herd Master
Reaction score
That’s what we were doing with the ducks...but...I have soooo many, and they were getting hurt because of too many drakes...we made a drake den, but then, I was sad that they were confined like that and not allowed out. Chris ate MANY..we took them to holiday dinners, etc...he is sick of duck...is not like eating chicken, you know? I tried to sell them on our local internet..no takers. We took just 3 to an auction right before Christmas and they sold for $7...not a great amount, but I Would been very happy...they sold for $0.75 :(

Duckfarmerpa1

Herd Master
Reaction score
SAME HERE......:highfive:........
I like clean uncluttered space, and preferably no gifts, .....something useful or needed, is ok
We have friends that ask ALL their relatives for cash...which...personally..we don’t give gifts to adult relatives anymore except parents...godchildren. But..they said that’s how they pay for vacations....lol...they are very funny...actually our best friends. But, I’d have a hard time saying to my brother...hey..give me a wad full of bills for Christmas please!! :lol:

Baymule

Herd Master
Reaction score
You have made the hard decision to downsize to a level that you can manage...… then along came dogs! What's not to love about dogs! This is something that you can do at your physical level. I am happy for you.