B&B Happy Goats....journal

rachels.haven

Herd Master
Reaction score
You aren't NEARLY that old! Must have been a "new to us" car!!

It was indeed. Neither ones were bad ones either. One was an asian car that someone traded into a Ford car dealership in a place where no one ever wanted foreign cars and they wanted it gone. You can still get lucky with cars if you do your homework and wait around for good things.

Bruce

Herd Master
Reaction score
If they drive 110 miles to see her, they are serious prospects. Or do you drive her there since you want to check out the prospective home before agreeing to move her on? Drive out with a dog, maybe come home without a dog.

Mike CHS

Herd Master
Reaction score
If they drive 110 miles to see her, they are serious prospects. Or do you drive her there since you want to check out the prospective home before agreeing to move her on? Drive out with a dog, maybe come home without a dog.

Other than BYH, I only spent a small amount of time with Barb but I have no doubt that if she felt that Mel was not a good fit here, he would have been taken back to Florida. :)

Missy will get a good home.

Duckfarmerpa1

Herd Master
Reaction score
I understand not reading everyone's journals, they can be long....my answer is this..I .have to be very alpha with Missy at times, she came from a pet store that bought from a puppy mill. Missy was spayed way to early for the size dog she has grown up to be and it has messed her up. Last year I went deaf in my left ear, I have SSD which means I can't tell where sounds are coming from, I loose my balance and have difficulty now with left side of my body weakness due to a work accident years ago.
Mssy isn't adjusting well to my new pups, I can't pick Missy up to get her in the truck, or shower, at 90 pounds....she doesn't like the other dogs getting any more attention , although I tend to Missy first.....
Missy deserves to be in a home where she can be the happiest, she is no longer at her happiest here .
I don't put my human emotions before my animals needs....Although it will hurt my heart to part with Missy, I would rather see her in a home that meets her current needs so I can make the changes that I need to make in my life to meet my needs.
I can't explaine it to you any better than I just did, you would have to be here a observe what is going on with the three dogs to understand that when the new puppy , Winston arrives friday that there is a great probability of danger with Missy getting jealous and attacking......I will keep them separated at feeding and such, but I would have to keep my eye on her constantly. Either Winston or Lilly will be trained to be my service dog....
Simply put, Missy is too much for me now and poses a threat to myself and the other dogs., she deserves a single dog home.
longer than they should for own securities. But, Muggs was my service dog..and if that’s your next chapter..then...
I completely understand that needs change as your health changes. That’s to no fault of either of you..it’s just the way it is. I agree that Missy needs to be where she can get the full love she deserves, and I applaud you for putting her needs first. Not many people can do that...we tend to keep our pets around longer than we should just for for our own insecurities. Muggs was my service dog, and if that’s what you need in this new part of your life than you need to let in happen. He was a great help to me, in so many ways. I no longer need him like that anymore..but I still need him as my pet, and he’s fine with that too. I’m glad to hear how selfless you are at all times! It amazes me! I’m really blessed to know you! :)

Baymule

Herd Master
Reaction score
I am a big believer that the right thing will show up at the right time, be it animal, job, place to live or whatever. God knows what is best for us and will give us the opportunity when the time is right. It is up to us to recognize it and act upon it.

Baymule

Herd Master
Reaction score
Things will work out. They always do, even when it all blows up in our face, that is still working things out, just not like we expected. You and I have this eternal optimist personality, tempered with a hard dose of reality.

Latest posts