1. BYH Official Poll: What are the things that you should consider before buying herds?
    CLICK HERE!
    (if you are logged in, this notice can be dismissed using the "x" to the top right of the notice)

Dismiss Notice
  2. Peachicks - Featured Thread
    CLICK HERE!
    (if you are logged in, this notice can be dismissed using the "x" to the top right of the notice)

Dismiss Notice
  3. Dismiss Notice
  4. BYH Picture of the Week (POW) - Submit your Pics Now !!
    Click HERE!
    Dismiss Notice

B&B Happy Goats....journal

Discussion in 'Member's "BackYardHerds" Journals' started by B&B Happy goats, Oct 22, 2018.

1. Jun 21, 2019
    B&B Happy goats

B&B Happy goats Herd Master Golden Herd Member

Thanks @Baymule @Mike CHS @CntryBoy777. ...gotta do it, way too hot and humid to be outside working most of the day ......and now the lack of.... " use of space"... forces the issue....one of the new born kids just left to her new home, it will be easier on Amber to only nurse one kid. I plan on finishing the lime tommrow, and hopefully answering texts on selling more goats.....hope you all have a great night :)

2. Jun 21, 2019
    AmberLops

AmberLops True BYH Addict

You did the right thing. It's always hard to sell your stock when you're bonded with them...but it's even harder having to care for all of them sometimes :hugs

3. Jun 22, 2019
    B&B Happy goats

Morning all, I have someone comming tommrow to see Amber and her kid, possibility Hope also :(.....but it has to be done... had the pleasure of watching a baby chick hatch while the hens went out to eat this morning. And the goat yard rooster has been picking fights with a little fluffy butt boy, well I was alone outside when it started big time.....I had to intervene. ..the big roo is now burried in the goat yard, don't mess with my fluffy butt :eek:....chicks.
    Got goat house done and cleaned rabbit cages...that's it, had to shower...tooooo humid and hot....Have a great day :frow

4. Jun 22, 2019
    CntryBoy777

CntryBoy777 Herd Master

Hope ya have a better day tomorrow!!....chance of rain increases here on tues/wed time frame....we get to experience "groundhog day" until then....:)

5. Jun 22, 2019
    B&B Happy goats

@CntryBoy777. .it will get better here....come winter time:bow...this heat and humidity is opressive for sure, difficult to just get the basic chores done, let alone the projects....very fustrating for all...):he

6. Jun 22, 2019
    Mike CHS

Mike CHS Herd Master Golden Herd Member

I lived in Florida for close to 25 years total but what you are seeing is why we live in Tennessee. We get hot here but we have four seasons and the worst of our summers aren't like what you see.

7. Jun 22, 2019
    CntryBoy777

CntryBoy777 Herd Master

I got enough winter and cold temps, early in "life" and when we landed on the farm in central Mississippi...coming from 2yrs in Maine....I knew I was a "true southerner"....having been born south of Miami.....:lol:....I did spend 30+ yrs in the Memphis area...and it is much better here than there....for 2 reasons....soil and sea breezes.....too far away from a sea in Memphis for a breeze and when that clay gets wet it evaporates in the sun, before the clay can aborb anymore....this creates a situation of being in the oven with the broiler running too....without any circulation....now that I have aches and pains....I'd much rather sweat than shiver....:)

8. Jun 23, 2019
    B&B Happy goats

The people came to see the girls for sale..., they brought 7 of the 10 children that they adopted with them...The family moved to florida from another state after the dad retired.....and they are incredible people.:)
    they wanted all five girls I had for sale ....and they all have gone to the most awesome ten acres of fenced in, not completely cleared home with a awesome bunch of children to love and care for them. I am so happy that they do not want to breed them, they are just for pets....and we are invited to visit them any time...I will be their goat coach, :clap.....as much as I hated to let them go, the relief is awesome.....we have the three registered girls and the two boys that we are keeping...:bow thought that I would be sad, ...nope...I am so happy for this family and that my goats get to stay together as a herd........I love a happy ending :highfive:

Last edited: Jun 23, 2019
  9. Jun 23, 2019
    CntryBoy777

CntryBoy777 Herd Master

Glad it all worked out for ya!!....just think of it being a boarding place without a "bill".....and ya will be able to catch a "breath" when ya need to......:)

10. Jun 23, 2019
    AmberLops

AmberLops True BYH Addict

Yay for a happy ending! :yesss::woot