B&B Happy Goats....journal

B&B Happy goats

Herd Master
Reaction score
I like the leftovers as much as the initial meal.... but miss the company.....

Decently warm temps this morning, partly cloudy, but rain coming in for Monday....and COLDER !!!
I think I like the leftover turkey for sandwiches best :drool....
glad you had a good time yesterday Jan :love

Baymule

Herd Master
Reaction score
Glad you had a good, if quiet, Thanksgiving. Been meaning to ask you about your pigs......I guess they had a good Thanksgiving too! I bet they are doing a great job of digging up your garden, real roto-tillers! Plus the fertilizer, can't go wrong with pigs in the garden. I have garden seeds to send to you, I need to get off my butt and package them up. Tomatoes, purple hull peas, eggplant, ........... trying to work from memory here and you can see what a failure that is! I'll send you some Painted Mountain corn too, it is for corn meal and makes the best cornbread!

B&B Happy goats

Herd Master
Reaction score
Glad you had a good, if quiet, Thanksgiving. Been meaning to ask you about your pigs......I guess they had a good Thanksgiving too! I bet they are doing a great job of digging up your garden, real roto-tillers! Plus the fertilizer, can't go wrong with pigs in the garden. I have garden seeds to send to you, I need to get off my butt and package them up. Tomatoes, purple hull peas, eggplant, ........... trying to work from memory here and you can see what a failure that is! I'll send you some Painted Mountain corn too, it is for corn meal and makes the best cornbread!

They are doing a great job in the garden area, in fact two weeks ago five roosters moved in with them for clean up of spilt feed and added poo.....when they are all processed, I will move my beautiful black gold compost in there....
Looking,ing forward to some Texas seeds for the Florida garden :love ...can't wait to get pigs in the freezer and garden growing, nothing beats a fresh out of the garden tomato :drool

Baymule

Herd Master
Reaction score
Speaking of garden seed, do you want some of these? You could plant them in the pasture and let them go. They were VERY slow during the heat of summer, but took off in September, so maybe you could plant in late summer so in the fall, they would grow for you the best. I guess it depends on when you get a killing frost, ours is late this year.

Giant Pink Banana Squash | BackYardHerds - Goats, Horses, Sheep, Pigs & more

B&B Happy goats

Herd Master
Reaction score
Sure, would love to try some ! .....I will have lots of space to plant them as the plan is to sell the goats after kidding.....I am only going to keep animals that we are willing to eat...we tried a goat , neither of us were a fan of the meat......and after they are gone the dogs will be having that area for running and play .....sure will appreciate any seeds you are willing to send this way :thumbsup
Did you ever plant those confederate rose seeds I gave you ?

Baymule

Herd Master
Reaction score
Sure, would love to try some ! .....I will have lots of space to plant them as the plan is to sell the goats after kidding.....I am only going to keep animals that we are willing to eat...we tried a goat , neither of us were a fan of the meat......and after they are gone the dogs will be having that area for running and play .....sure will appreciate any seeds you are willing to send this way :thumbsup
Did you ever plant those confederate rose seeds I gave you ?
I have to admit that I didn't. I am so focused on garden for food and growing grass, that I have tunnel vision when it comes to anything else that takes time, attention or watering. :(

B&B Happy goats

Herd Master
Reaction score
I have to admit that I didn't. I am so focused on garden for food and growing grass, that I have tunnel vision when it comes to anything else that takes time, attention or watering. :(
I get that for sure lol, hard to think of pretty blue, red and white flowers when you a a delicious garden to tend to....the seeds will keep, and heaven knows I have plenty of the confederate rose seeds to share if anybody wants any ( send me a pm if you do)
Have a awesome Saturday :frow

Senile_Texas_Aggie

Herd Master
Reaction score
the plan is to sell the goats after kidding.....I am only going to keep animals that we are willing to eat

Gosh, Miss @B&B Happy goats, sorry to hear that. I can understand your wanting to sell the goats, after what both you and Leon have been and are going through health-wise. I hope the pigs turn out to be something that is not so bothersome for you two! :hugs