1. BYH Official Poll: What are the things that you should consider before buying herds?
    CLICK HERE!
    (if you are logged in, this notice can be dismissed using the "x" to the top right of the notice)

Dismiss Notice
  2. Update on our 4 piggies - Featured Thread
    CLICK HERE!
    (if you are logged in, this notice can be dismissed using the "x" to the top right of the notice)

Dismiss Notice
  3. Dismiss Notice
  4. BYH Picture of the Week (POW) - Submit your Pics Now !!
    Click HERE!
    Dismiss Notice

B&B Happy Goats....journal

Discussion in 'Member's "BackYardHerds" Journals' started by B&B Happy goats, Oct 22, 2018.

1. Aug 16, 2019
    B&B Happy goats

B&B Happy goats Herd Master Golden Herd Member

That is the area i have focused on ....right now :)....thank you

2. Aug 16, 2019
    Mike CHS

Mike CHS Herd Master Golden Herd Member

We don't know a lot about much of the rest of the state but we would be pleased to offer you a base to look for something that might make you happy if you might think that would help. We looked for over two years from the Carolinas, Georgia and Alabama and wound up looking at Tennessee.

3. Aug 16, 2019
    B&B Happy goats

Got to laugh, it has rained all week, it's a wet soggy humid , no air week and we are under a flood watch and flood warning...
    We are three miles from the river.....it may flood, but not this far away, never has :fl and nobody is concerned......other than you can't walk out side without fire ant all over your feet and ankles..:barnie.....
    Have a wonderful dry if you need it...wet if you want it...weekend :thumbsup.

4. Aug 16, 2019
    Mike CHS

Mike CHS Herd Master Golden Herd Member

I lived in Pensacola for close to 20 years a couple of years at a time. I loved it but there was no way I would retire there. :) We have some terribly humid temps but it does not last long.

5. Aug 16, 2019
    B&B Happy goats

Wow, thank you Mike, that is very kind of you......will keep that in mind when / if we get to the "we got a solid offer point " , then I will probably make a road trip alone and find a new home. I really still want to be mortgage free so buying with cash does have some advantages in the negotiations :)

6. Aug 16, 2019
    AmberLops

AmberLops True BYH Addict

Have you looked for homes on Zillow? It's pretty helpful :)
    I don't recommend using craigslist when looking for houses...The house I planned on moving into when I got here turned out to be a scam and I had to stay at a motel for almost 2 weeks before I found a place :th

7. Aug 17, 2019
    B&B Happy goats

I have been using zillow to get a general feel, zillow isn't very reliable either as they don't always delete sold homes.....but at least you can get a good look at the inside of the home and they tend to have more pictures of the land and out buildings ..thanks :).

8. Aug 17, 2019
    B&B Happy goats

It is raining harder today than it has all week, rain jacket got soaked through , goats won't come out of goat castle, chickens are hiding, dogs are hanging on the porch and the ducks are partying up a storm...they are the only ones that are pleased with this rain. ..and it is forcasted to continue at least until tuesday :th

Last edited: Aug 17, 2019
  9. Aug 17, 2019
    AmberLops

AmberLops True BYH Addict

Oh no!
    Did you ever get those rabbits done??
    I think I know the answer already but just thought i'd ask ;)

10. Aug 17, 2019
    B&B Happy goats

No, even told DH I was ready to bring them onto the back porch and do them, but with three dogs ....that won't work, I would have a hard time telling Mel he couldn't have a head for a snack.....I really need to get them gone, I have to put the chicks out in the hutchs as they are about to hop out of the garden bath tub even though their wings have been clipped......lord it smells....even with daily cleaning...20 jersey giant chicks a pooping, inside, well it just smells like chicken $/^! :jumpy:jumpy:jumpy