B&B Happy Goats....journal

B&B Happy goats

Herd Master
Reaction score
Last I heard, Ida might come ashore as a Cat 5. It’s past time for folks to skeedaddle on outa there! Ain’t no high ground anywhere in south Louisiana. Run.
Sure is going to be devastating for lots of people..very thankful it's not us :bow

Mini Horses

Herd Master
Reaction score
Skeedaddle outta there is right! Warm gulf waters will make that storm strengthen.
I'm not in it's path. Sorry for those that are. As many of those events that they see, I'd leave and not return to that area. :confused:

Hot, humid, dead air here. Bushhogged a few acres. Came in twice...lunch & rest, then this last...hot, sweat wet, stinky, slow moving! Done!! No more today. Before my last ride I cleaned and refilled all their water tubs....feeding done. Nice shower, washed hair, clean and watching bullriders on TV!

They have a worse ride than I did. Last one was thrown up and off the back end. As he came down the bull kicked out and laid both hind feet in that guy's midsection!! OUCH!! Finished my ice water and wondered why you'd want to be in that sport. Those bulls look to be pushing near 3 thousand pounds. Can't imagine.

Last edited:

farmerjan

Herd Master
Reaction score
I think bull riders are missing a few bricks of a full load..... addicted to adrenaline ....... it sure works on the body... and most realize it when they hit over 40... I would not ever want to ride a bull. When I was a kid, at the family place in Vermont... the neighbor ran his holstein heifers on the 200 acres.... they would come up to our porch there, looking for a handout since they were fed a few times a week to be able to check on them regularly.... we would slip off the porch onto their backs and take a "ride" down across the field.... we were like 8-10-12 yrs old maybe.... and it was a long enough way to the ground with them only really giving a little buck and just trotting/galloping off.... CANNOT ever imagine a pi$$ed off bull.....
Ridning in the bareback and saddlebronc events is bad enough.... and they aren't very likely to want to turn around and come back after you....

Feel for the people down there near where the worst of the hurricane is.... could not deal with those types of threats regularly.... God Bless them and hope that the ones that stayed, can ride it out.

Baymule

Herd Master
Reaction score
The news this morning said people are trapped in their homes in waist deep water.

You can’t fix stupid.

I lived in hurricane land for most of my life. Even being 100 miles inland was dangerous. I’d never live in a flood plain. I don’t miss it. But now I live in tornado land. Haha.