B&B Happy Goats....journal

promiseacres

Herd Master
Reaction score
thank you PA, I feel a little guilty not being there but, someone needed to feed the animals and now its time for head down position.....I hope he has a easy recovery :fl
5 years ago Dec 11 DH was finally getting screws removed from his broken ankle so he could learn to walk again. He broke it Sept 12, Dec 11 and they were finally able to remove the screws. I had been in and out of labor for a month, couldn't drive due to contractions...couldn't even ride the hour drive to the dr office for procedure.... all I did was sit and wait and pray. 6 days later our youngest was born. DH was on crutches still but they let him sit on a stool during the csection. Glad your family is helping. Our church family took great care of during this time.

B&B Happy goats

Herd Master
Reaction score
5 years ago Dec 11 DH was finally getting screws removed from his broken ankle so he could learn to walk again. He broke it Sept 12, Dec 11 and they were finally able to remove the screws. I had been in and out of labor for a month, couldn't drive due to contractions...couldn't even ride the hour drive to the dr office for procedure.... all I did was sit and wait and pray. 6 days later our youngest was born. DH was on crutches still but they let him sit on a stool during the csection. Glad your family is helping. Our church family took great care of during this time.
We live three miles away from each other and never see each other, I am very thankful for their offer to help 🥰
That certainly sounds like a very rough time you two went through, glad everything worked out so your DH could be with you for the birth. Does he have any problems with his ankle now ?

promiseacres

Herd Master
Reaction score
We live three miles away from each other and never see each other, I am very thankful for their offer to help 🥰
That certainly sounds like a very rough time you two went through, glad everything worked out so your DH could be with you for the birth. Does he have any problems with his ankle now ?
It was a time we won't ever forget but am grateful for the time of rest and time we spent together. He does ok, he can occasionally take a few steps at a run but usually "pays" for it. He never let it stop him...they consider him 12% disabled due to it. He still is the go to guy at his shop, works on farm equipment. He keeps a cane around but hasn't had to use it for over 3 years I think.

B&B Happy goats

Herd Master
Reaction score
Greetings from the junkyard of body parts....It is nice to walk upright as a human was intended to do, however for the first half of the day I am blessed with a stabbing pain in my temple and eye. It is due to the decrease in the eyedrops that help with the pressure., the gas bubble is getting smaller and just starting to break up so all that space matter is floating in my line of distorted vision in my right eye. It gets better each day and I am thrilled to get back outside with the animals and do the chores.....my dear neighbor offered to feed the goats early in the morning for me , so I fill the feed pans and put them right at the door to the feed house so she just picks them up and sets them down for everyone. She loves watching the KC ducks eat out of the dishs with the goats and fluffy butt chicks.
Mrs Wilson has made herself a nest yesterday and pulled a little fur, so we shall see what happens with that....
Leon is functional to a point, still has to keep his arm above his heart, but is quite happy that I am going to bag his arm up and give him a shower...poor guy wants one so badly....I told him Missy needed one too, but he won't let me do her at the same time as him, lol...
Hope everyone has a great day today,

Latest posts