B&B Happy Goats....journal

B&B Happy goats

Herd Master
Reaction score
@Bruce ...here is SHADOW.... your pet chicken if you want to get her....I don't know what breed or mix, she is....bur she followed leon during morning chores and he picked her up several times to pet her.....
You could get her a first class ticket to fly up to Vermont .
20200120_095956.jpg
I figured you could tell me :)
20200120_095925.jpg

Last edited:

Bruce

Herd Master
Reaction score
You could get her a first class ticket to fly up to Vermont .
I don't fly first class, a chicken sure wouldn't!
Looks like a red chicken with a very small comb and wattles to me. Also has an extra toe like a Faverolles. I found this on BYC:
"The 5 toed breeds are silkies, houdans, sultans, Dorkings and faverolles" annnnnd .... she doesn't look a bit like any of those!

B&B Happy goats

Herd Master
Reaction score
I don't fly first class, a chicken sure wouldn't!
Looks like a red chicken with a very small comb and wattles to me. Also has an extra toe like a Faverolles. I found this on BYC:
"The 5 toed breeds are silkies, houdans, sultans, Dorkings and faverolles" annnnnd .... she doesn't look a bit like any of those!
She is listed under PET chicken I guess,, some kinda back yard breed mixture :jumpy

B&B Happy goats

Herd Master
Reaction score
Had to go to the eye surgeon today,... his surgery worked as far as the macular repair, but the vision is worse than the last test...oh well , he said to go get a new pair of glasses and see if that helps....
We saw a horrible accident on the way there that had all of us in the waiting room talking about, it. we all knew the person on the motor scooter was killed and we saw the young man that had hit him traumatized.., so sad and ugly...
I sure hope the people come for some of the chickens tommrow as we are getting a dozen eggs a day now., and would love for the goats to sell as well, only three weeks and kids will be dropping...
We are supposed to go down to 29 degrees tonight so we had to get plants and all animals ready...at least we don't get snow and freezing rain here, but that sure is cold for us......the heat lamp is on in the pump house...
Hope everyone stays warm and safe from the weather, have a great night BYH .:frow

frustratedearthmother

Herd Master
Reaction score
his surgery worked as far as the macular repair, but the vision is worse than the last test...oh well , he said to go get a new pair of glasses and see if that helps....
Yep - we went through several prescriptions. DH's vision changed a lot with both trauma and healing. My suggestion: buy cheap glasses because you'll probably need another change in 6 months or so.....sigh.