B&B Happy Goats....journal

B&B Happy goats

Herd Master
Reaction score
Just got off the phone with our wonderful cow neighbor who just lost his wife, he is holding up well and will be coming for dinner soon. He and his sons just moved the cows to the back to keep them safe from theft , unfortunately that's the way it is around here, hungry broke people will do anything for food.
He also told me that the funeral home charged him $14, 000 for his wife's burial...and they already owned the cemetery plots.....thank goodness we are going to be cremated...$ 795 direct cremation...easy and cheap !

Bruce

Herd Master
Reaction score
and will be coming for dinner soon.
You sure that is a good idea? Maybe he can set up a table on his side of the fence and you one on your side ;)

$14K? guess I haven't looked into the cost of getting buried. Did they snake him into an expensive coffin in his state of grief or something? I'm with you, straight into the crematorium. Or maybe donate to science. I wonder if they have a waiting list or are hard up for donations or are picky about who they take. Might be a glut of regular old dead people.

B&B Happy goats

Herd Master
Reaction score
🤫
You sure that is a good idea? Maybe he can set up a table on his side of the fence and you one on your side ;)

$14K? guess I haven't looked into the cost of getting buried. Did they snake him into an expensive coffin in his state of grief or something? I'm with you, straight into the crematorium. Or maybe donate to science. I wonder if they have a waiting list or are hard up for donations or are picky about who they take. Might be a glut of regular old dead people.
It will be a after virus dinner at this point.....
If you donate your body to science your parts will be distributed to diffrent universities in the states...when parts are"science " done, , then your family gets cremains from the institution that you were donated to..they do their "best" to ensure that family gets all parts. However it is not guaranteed......wanna sign on the dotted line ? Lol
That is the information I was told during a "grief counseling training course" I attended some years ago.

B&B Happy goats

Herd Master
Reaction score
E
Sure I'll sign, I have no need to be planted anywhere specific. Of course if I go first I guess DW could decide to plant me somewhere. DD1 wants to be stuck somewhere she can fertilize a tree.
Everyone knows my ashes are going up in the big old oak tree that we just had trimmed , I wanna see what's happening around here. Lol

B&B Happy goats

Herd Master
Reaction score
Yesterday I told the grey rabbit she had one more chance at kindling more than two kits at a time , and this would be strike three (and you become dinner ) .... she must of listened ...she had ten kits for me this morning :celebrate
The turkin hens are settled in , but the rooster went over the fence back to neighbors where he came from, no more turkins there for him...must of been the Turkey's he was attracted to, will have to catch him tonight....
Chicks are doing well, ducks and goats are awesome...dogs just blow me away. I thought it would be Winston that would steal my heart, but nope ...Lilly is the most lovable dog I have ever met, she is always at our feet, comes up and gently asks for hugs and pat's, leans into the loving till she loses control and melts onto the floor.....she has even started to alert us to strange sounds and tends to keep a good eye on the animals...who said labradoodles arn`t watch dogs ....
I got to experience a trip to the new urgent care today and was greeted at the outside of the front door by a masked nurse that was gloved up asking me a bunch of questions about fever and travel....at least they are paying attention and taking precautions....also went into a very empty walmart to get rx filled and watched the very few shoppers with masks shopping...kinda a strange site way out in these parts where walmart is the social gathering spot for the locals to meet.
Well guess that's enough of my quick break, got things to get done, ..hope everyone has a great week and stays healthy and safe :frow

Last edited: