B&B Happy Goats....journal

B&B Happy goats

Herd Master
Reaction score
Well we survived our tornado and storm watch yesterday, the rain was much welcomed but the temperature drop had me worried about the chicks and new kits...happy to say everyone is surviving well this morning.
When I opened the slider at 6am to let the dogs out we could hear one of the KC ducks alerting with vigor, leon thought he saw something on the ground out by the turkins pen....when it was light out he went to see what it was....lol, the plastic owl with the turning head had become unfastened in the wind and blew onto the ground, guss that KC knew it didn't belong there and was protecting everyone. Lol
Lilly is really getting into a alerting mode to strange sounds and I love it, although labradoodles are not known to be watch dogs she has taken on the task of hearing for me, she will alert to strange sounds and come to me for reassurance that it is ok..this pup isn't "labradoodle pretty", she has wispy wire hair, long legs and no grace in her movement, but she is devoted and so loving that she has taken the lead in being my favorite of the two dogs. Winston is the picture perfect labradoodle, meets all the requirements for his future studly duties...take that and breed it with Lilly's qualities and we should someday have some incredible service dogs to rehome to those in need of a loving attentive companion... :love
Have a super awesom BYH kinda day everyone :frow

B&B Happy goats

Herd Master
Reaction score
Spent a good part of the day at my dear neighbors on donkey watch, Jenny is acting like she is ready to birth again...last time she had a fully formed still birth that was heartbreaking, both her and the Jack cried big tears and got us to crying too. She was having contractions and discharge for a few hours but the activity has stopped...I would be surprised if she has a live birth this time she just seems off...time will give us the answers that's for sure.
On a sweeter note, I have fallen in love with a mini nubian doe that is three months old and is looking for a home....trying to make arrangements with the person for tommrow, :fl ...she is soooooo stinking cute :weee