B&B Happy Goats....journal

B&B Happy goats

Herd Master
Reaction score
I think that's a great plan!
My garden is up front, by the road, so not technically in my front yard. And I planted a perennial flower garden on the side that faces the road. Gardens are pretty, the pig is just a temporary facilitator. 😉
Shoot, I'll put lipstick on her and name her Dinner Bell, .....she'll fit right in around here :drool

B&B Happy goats

Herd Master
Reaction score
Dinner Belle! Haha 😂
Speaking of dinner...how's little PeeDee doing?
PeeDee is doing better,... he sulked for two days after getting banded but is up now and strutting his stuff , .
he is becoming quite the character with his new friends. They still haven't let me rub up on them yet,.. but come within a foot of me when I sit and rub on the others.:)

Bruce

Herd Master
Reaction score
" you can't have a vegetable garden in front of the house, nobody does that " , ...
Oh yeah you can and in actual city neighborhoods too, which doesn't describe your place at all. Next door neighbor (renter) in our prior neighborhood filled the front yard with raised beds. Small lot ~45' wide, 100' deep. The entire front yard wasn't more than 30' wide by 15' deep. He grew an AMAZING amount of veggies in that space.

Baymule

Herd Master
Reaction score
IMG1500.jpg
IMG1500.jpg
I like the way you think. I had a garden in my front yard when we lived a few blocks from downtown and city hall--and chickens in the back yard.

When we moved here, we made a garden, which was a dismal failure. Our beach sand had no humus, nutrients and when the sun came out and got serious, the sand heated up and cooked my pitiful plants. We fenced it in and got pigs over the winter. They dug, rooted, ate roots and whatever they dug up, pooped all over it, peed all over it, turned over their water and feed, and had a glorious time.

We raised pork, the pigs got a sand pit on it's way to becoming fertile ground.
We raised
them over the winter, no flies and almost no smell. We took them to slaughter in March. I ran the tractor around and around, filled in the pits they dug and got it ready for planting.

Here are some pictures of my garden in Livingston.

This is my green bean garden by the driveway. It was 1 foot wide and 12 feet long.

IMG219.jpg

The PVC frame in the background was my redneck greenhouse. I wrapped in plastic, with duct tape and raised tomatoes and peppers all winter.

IMG1040.jpg

IMG1500.jpg

B&B Happy goats

Herd Master
Reaction score
Getting pictures to post kinda messed up. Oh well. I raised a LOT of food in my small garden. A lot of our meals came from the front yard.

What size are you going to make your garden?
Haven't gotten that measurement yet, most likely be what would keep a pig comfortable and give it enough room as not to be too crowded or a garden that is too big for two people....any suggestions?