B&B Happy Goats....journal

Senile_Texas_Aggie

True BYH Addict
Reaction score
Worked on the pig pen saturday and we both got heat sick, leon was down till Sunday afternoon sleeping... Our dear neighbor is in the hospital...again...so we are doing chores there till further notice..the heat / humidity has been a PITA to work in as everyone here in the south expects...it just seems to be worse each season that summer brings...
Gosh, I can identify with that. I have become more susceptible to heat exhaustion the past few years. It comes on fairly quickly. I can go from simply hot to feeling faint in less than a minute. So please, you two, take good care of yourselves. We want you around healthy and happy for many more years to come. :hugs I hope your neighbor gets better soon.

B&B Happy goats

Herd Master
Reaction score
Gosh, I can identify with that. I have become more susceptible to heat exhaustion the past few years. It comes on fairly quickly. I can go from simply hot to feeling faint in less than a minute. So please, you two, take good care of yourselves. We want you around healthy and happy for many more years to come. :hugs I hope your neighbor gets better soon.
STA you are such a sweet man, thank you , :love :hugs :thumbsup

B&B Happy goats

Herd Master
Reaction score
Our chores are done for the morning, neighbor has "some kind of blockage in her stomach", may know more today....
Goat noise neighbor called early evening and said he wanted me to come over as he had something for us....so I got dressed and took the 4x4 over...seems that 4 days a week (since covid ) 4 semi trailer trucks full of produce and meat from PUBLIX grocery stores comes to a local church to give away food....at the end of their unloading and giving the food out, they dump the rest on whomever is willing to show up...so after two giant boxes were loaded in my 4x4 I came home with a months use of potatos, carrots, cucumbers, cabbage and ten bags of celery :ep...guess I will be going to the kitchen for a good while shortly....our first use will be to put up what I can, sencod use will be for the animals, can't see it going to waste....
May even go there myself on their last trip one day next week as they are asking for more takers for the free food. It sure will go to good use around here ( waiting for our garden area for next year) ...this sure is a awesome , and easy way to get veggies without a garden...and no weeds to pull !
Have a great day all ...off to the kitchen ! :highfive:

frustratedearthmother

Herd Master
Reaction score
Congrats on the haul of veggies! For awhile I was getting free stuff that was left after our food pantry at the school gave away all they could. I got a 50lb bag of perfectly beautiful carrots. I have carrots everywhere, lol. In the freezer, canned, dehydrated... finally gave the last bit to the pigs. They love 'em!

B&B Happy goats

Herd Master
Reaction score
Congrats on the haul of veggies! For awhile I was getting free stuff that was left after our food pantry at the school gave away all they could. I got a 50lb bag of perfectly beautiful carrots. I have carrots everywhere, lol. In the freezer, canned, dehydrated... finally gave the last bit to the pigs. They love 'em!
I'm saving all the peelings and ends for rabbits, goats and pigs...darn food processor is dead, just taking a break from chopping by hand, should be lots of fun when I get to the celery bags :)..chop chop chop....

CntryBoy777

Herd Master
Reaction score
One thing I have found out is....once ya get "touched" by the heat ya are "sensitive" to it and it will affect ya sooner from then on....ya both don't need to push it and ya are better off resting....even if it means something doesn't get completed til ya recover...however long it takes.... :hugs .....sounds like a great deal with the veggies....:celebrate....sure hope the neighbor gets better and avoids the virus...:fl

Latest posts