B&B Happy Goats....journal

CntryBoy777

Herd Master
Reaction score
He could always get 3-4 wethers....no "math" that way....but would get some help in the outside maintanence.....tho the predator pressure would certainly be of concern and adding hours of "gotta-be-done"....irregardless of the weather....work, may not be the "defintion" of the word "fun" that he has in mind.....:)

Bruce

Herd Master
Reaction score
When we got home our neighbor that you helped , had people helping her catch the two pigs.....soooo we went to help. No more pigs at her house :clap
:yesss: I think your life will be easier with fewer animals to chase around. When we went over in the morning Ethyl was outside the fence. Took another neighbor and me a fair bit of herding and some time to get her back in with Lucy. Hopefully their new owner will be able to do something with their skin issues.

Reckon Bruce will go home and get some goats? LOL
No, you already told me I shouldn't ;) IF I got goats, I guess they would have to be cashmere so they would have some purpose. But since we've not done anything with the alpaca fiber other than shove it in big contractor bags, I don't guess we would do any better with goat fleece.

Bay, if your "soil" looks anything like Fred and Barb's I am in awe that any of you can grow anything. Pure sand. I'd happily trade 10 yards of my 'soil' for that sand, add some compost and we all might be able to grow stuff much more easily!

I tried to get Mel in my carry-on bag but I started with his tail and when it didn't fit I gave up. :D

No more bottle babies AFTER these two, right? ;)
Right ... until the next ones need assistance. Hopefully your does will be able to care for their own, you have your hands full with the 2 bottle babies and Rocky.

Barb, returning to VT isn't going to do much for pollen allergies. The car was backed up against an exterior wall (4' "pony", open above that to the next floor). I had to wash the yellow pollen off the windshield before I set off. I will dutifully take my Aller-tec pills.

I much enjoyed my time with my BYH friends. I'm glad I was able to help a little and appreciate the hospitality at both Florida residences.

Time to go shopping.

CntryBoy777

Herd Master
Reaction score
Well it sounds like Leon is really trying to help ya out...it won't be long before he is "smitten"....;)....Leon is a good man!!....let us get some rest and semblance of order and we'll come help ya out for a day....course that would be around 8-9am before we'd arrive....gotta have daylight....those "blue strobe lights" tend to strain my eyes....:)