B&B Happy Goats....journal

AmberLops

Herd Master
Reaction score
Reality is ..... we probably don't know half of what we really eat ...if you get it from a store.....worms, bugs an all:lol::lol::lol: not to mention preservatives and chemicals on fresh stuff :ep
I only buy organic produce so I hope it's good :lol:
I read a list once of the amount of bugs they allow in foods like canned mushrooms, frozen spinach etc :ep

AmberLops

Herd Master
Reaction score
Lol, pretty scary if you really think about it....so I just try to do the best I can , and not think about the scary stuff alot. ..after all there are many countries where bugs are a part of their diet or a delightful treat :thumbsup
Okay...that's enough!! I don't want to hear any more about bugs...in food, in rabbits or anything else :lol::lol:
I do know though that they're trying to bring back cricket protein...ew. They even have farms for it right now...they just need to convince people to buy the product!

greybeard

Herd Master
Reaction score
There's 'bugs' in all produce, home grown, organic and commercially canned beans, peas, corn etc. We just don't see them. I've been opening canned goods for about 53 years..never seen a single 'bug' but I have seen a few in home canned veggies over the years. Not worried about bugs anywhere near as much as I am microscopic organisms.

PattyNH

Overrun with beasties
Reaction score
That will require a 30 mile trip...will put it on my shopping list for monday, thank you. :thumbsup
I don't have fiah ants but I do have a "seasonal goat rash" that I prefer to think is poison instead of something from mites/scabies/ebola. Itches like a mofo!! Drs were stumped last year so not going back now lol. Gotta love 'em! And that's just my arms... 20190615_230251.jpg 20190615_230242.jpg

Baymule

Herd Master
Reaction score
@PattyNH maybe the aloe vera gel with lidocaine will work for you too. We picked wild plums in the fence rows around here and got eat up with chiggers. I looked like I had a disease, covered with red spots. The lidocaine in the aloe vera gel kept it from itching.