B&B Happy Goats....journal

Bruce

Herd Master
Reaction score
@CntryBoy777. .it will get better here....come winter time:bow...this heat and humidity is opressive for sure, difficult to just get the basic chores done, let alone the projects....very fustrating for all...):he
Time to "sun bird"!! ;)
Glad the goats went to a perfect home :)

rachels.haven

Herd Master
Reaction score
Now that you live in Massachusetts, if you have some time for a family trip...hit up my favorite place...head to the top of Mount Washington, before you get to the top , pull over at mile marker 5 and take a walk out on the rocks.....the view is amazing....you and your famly would be quite impressed ...(.if you haven't gone there yet.) Bring a sweat sirt or jacket...you never know what temperature it will be up there :love

I'll add that to my list of adventures to-do. This place is not lacking on things like that. I think I love it.

CntryBoy777

Herd Master
Reaction score
I'm not really sure, right off hand....I have never used lime in that fashion, for that reason.....I've only used it to change the ph of the soil....I never had too much parasite problems by keeping the grass as high as the mower would cut....I always left some of the taller grass for them to browse on until it grew to the height they liked....the more their head is up while eating, the less likely they will get them from browsing or grazing....that is the reason I got the Khaki Campbell ducks...they are prolific at eating snails, slugs, flies, and most anything that squirms, hops, crawls, or flies....the goats loved having them around to keep the flies off of them and the ducks like them around to scare hawks and other things off....even though we don't eat may eggs on a regular basis, it wasn't the egg production that mattered to me....it was their bug and parasite "host" hunting that was well worth having them.....hopefully, one of the others will have some info on that for ya......:)

Mike CHS

Herd Master
Reaction score
We use Dolomite Lime (pelleted). We didn't do a soil test after applying the lime this year but we have vegetation growing on a parcel of about 1 acre that was barren with just the occasional weed last year. @greybeard can correct me if I'm wrong but I have applied lime at any time if it needs it. It doesn't burn so I don't see the harm of putting it out in summer.

AmberLops

Herd Master
Reaction score
They never listen...they're always 'too tough' and then they end up being the complete opposite!
Anyway...I hope he feels better soon :)
I'm happy for you, having less chores to do and your goats got amazing homes.
Every time I think I should thin down my rabbit herd, I don't and then I just end up with more and more :lol: