B&B Happy Goats....journal

AmberLops

Herd Master
Reaction score
Yesterday I drove past a hay field and sitting in the middle of it was a rabid coyote. That seems important to me but apparently it's not...I called animal control and they never answered their phone, never called me back.
Any kind of emergency service out here is terrible...I've never seen it so bad. I called an ambulance yesterday and it took them 45 minutes to get here and they were so unhelpful. I was yelling at them so much because I just could not believe how terrible they were. My neighbor collapsed in his yard and started having seizures, I ran over to help him and when the EMS arrived all they did was ask him a million questions while he was having seizure after seizure. I told them he needed oxygen, and they never gave him any....I couldn't believe it!

Bruce

Herd Master
Reaction score
Neighbor texted me at five with a message "need you ...racoon in dog house with dog
Was this perhaps your "Rocky" from a month or so back? I don't recall hearing you got him.

Best wishes to Leon on this hand surgery. I agree, do them both at once instead of prolonging the recovery.

frustratedearthmother

Herd Master
Reaction score
I am going to try and convince the surgon to do both at the same time....
My husband just had surgery on ONE wrist and I would caution against doing both at once. He's four weeks post op and just now really beginning to use that hand. I've had to do everything from buttoning his britches to cutting his food. I can't even imagine how much more I would have to do for him if both hands were not functioning. There are some things I draw the line at, lol! (use your imagination for that one!)

frustratedearthmother

Herd Master
Reaction score
My DH has had, and still does, many health issues. He's severe diabetic and has been in DKA's twice. The first time the ER doc told me his test results were "incompatible with life." That was no fun - but he's a tough ol' coot and keeps bouncing back. Triple bypass - twice DKA's - 7 eye surgeries now and another wrist/hand surgery to go. We go to the podiatrist for toenail trims, lol. I'm a terrible toe-nail trimmer (and yuck) and gave him ingrown toenails twice! Never again...diabetics don't need foot issues for sure.

Latest posts