B&B Happy Goats....journal

Senile_Texas_Aggie

Herd Master
Reaction score
Miss @B&B Happy goats,

Have you considered burning the stumps out? There are several YouTube videos on doing that using an old barrel. One of the most effective of the barrel methods involved using a chainsaw to cut some ridges in the stump, sort of in a waffle pattern, so as to make each part of the wood small and more easily burned. Then set the barrel over the stump, raising it up off the ground just a bit so that the air flowing to the fire will create a good draft. A large stump can be burned out in a day.

Just had one roll through here. still raining but no more lightning and thunder.

Mr. @Bruce, do you get a lot of thunderstorms in NW Vermont?

Senile Texas Aggie

AmberLops

Herd Master
Reaction score
Why are people so flippin stupid ? I had someone answer a CL ad on my Flemish Giant rabbits this week, the pictures of the kits and both parents are listed on the ad. This person asked alot of questions, which isn't a problem.. (47 texts) ....but last night, at midnight they sent me a text asking for pictures....who sends a stranger a text at midnight ? ...."a idiot", apparently does...so I replied". Pictures are on CL, I am in bed...you get no rabbit from me, the rabbit is way to smart for you... and will escape and eat your tiny little brain, your number is now blocked on my phone.! "

Did half the chores and the weather doesn’t look so great so far , will have to wait n see if it clears up and if I am going to be taking care of DH or able to work on the hot wire... I would at least like to get the holes in the toe tripping stumps drilled and filled with epsom salts...may go do that now while he is still sleeping...
Hope everyone has a awesome day :frow
Did you actually say that?! :lol::lol: I have the same problems with stupid people asking 'how old are they',
'can I see pictures?' 'Where are you located?' 'How much are they" when it's ALL on the ad :barnie
I never say what I really want to say!

Baymule

Herd Master
Reaction score
Did you actually say that?! :lol::lol: I have the same problems with stupid people asking 'how old are they',
'can I see pictures?' 'Where are you located?' 'How much are they" when it's ALL on the ad :barnie
I never say what I really want to say!
Go for it, it's fun to blow off stupid people. The best insults are the ones that are worded so that the Darwin Reject doesn't know what just happened and wanders off into the desert, in a state of confusion, never to be heard from again.

AmberLops

Herd Master
Reaction score
Go for it, it's fun to blow off stupid people. The best insults are the ones that are worded so that the Darwin Reject doesn't know what just happened and wanders off into the desert, in a state of confusion, never to be heard from again.
Ha ha ha!! :lol::lol::yuckyuck
I had one lady yesterday ask me if I would give her a rabbit for free because she really wants one but can't afford it...she replied to all of my ads (I put ads in all the places close to me) even though they are obviously the same ad with the same wording and pictures...she asked the same thing in every reply :smack
I guess i'll have to think of something to say back to these people...

greybeard

Herd Master
Reaction score
To be fair tho, a LOT of CL ads are rather ambiguous, especially the titles and I'm pretty sure many of them are intentionally worded that way simply to draw attention to the ad. Everyone always says caveat emptor but then we too often complain when we are the ones that have to give out the info to make the buyer aware. How many times have I read of someone driving considerable distances to buy something and after getting there, finding out what they were told either by media or phone that the item was not as was advertised? I've seen it described multiple times right here at BYH.
This is all just part of doing business. The body of the ad is no different than reading fine print in a ToS . You often have to 'read into it' more than just read it.

Bruce

Herd Master
Reaction score
Poor Leon :(

Something took four of my chicks the other day and this morning there were two open eggs with insides gone in the goat house wher the fluffy butt chicks nest...I am guessing it is a young racoon like I shot at my neighbos , inside the dog house....I think I will set the trap and try to catch it outside the goat house......
Tis too bad you can't have Mel out there to eat the little b$%^ before it gets to the birds and eggs.

Mr. @Bruce, do you get a lot of thunderstorms in NW Vermont?
Only when the weather is right ;) Same as most places I guess, hot humid air being forced up.

I guess i'll have to think of something to say back to these people...
I'm not good at comebacks, especially the one's Bay suggested where the person goes off and only later figures out they've been slammed. Re: the free rabbit. Right, if you can't afford to buy the rabbit, where are you going to get the money for a cage, feed, etc?