B&B Happy Goats....journal

Baymule

Herd Master
Reaction score
People are weird. When we owned a furniture store, we ran an ad for 20% to 40% off and got NOT ONE RESPONSE. The next month we ran an ad campaign, NO SALES TAX! WE PAY IT FOR YOU! and we were swarmed all month long. Sales tax was 8.25% and we just backed it out of the sale price. Go figure.

Bruce

Herd Master
Reaction score
I am assuming that since you retired early, that you are on your wife's ins at the P.O.???? Or do you have a separate policy? Can she carry ins through them after she retires???
Yes, DW is covering 3 of us now that DD1 aged out last March. I COULD get insurance through IBM, if I wanted to get out the extra large jar of Vaseline. Their rates are ridiculous. Before DW had coverage with the P.O., my IBM medical retirement cost was $29K a year (due to the need to cover DW's RA meds) for the 4 of us. The retiree medical account was funded by IBM when they changed the retirement plans some years ago and can ONLY be used to pay for premiums for IBM insurance. Fortunately DW got permanent status before that account ran out, it is pretty close to 0 now I believe. I don't know if DW can retire from the P.O. and still get health insurance through them. But then she's only been a full time employee with benefits for almost 5 years. I think she'll be Medicare eligible about the same time she is retirement eligible. DD2 will age out in May of 2021, I'll hit Medicare March that same year.

I have no medical insurance person I can talk to though some of the retired IBM folks I have lunch with monthly have gone through this (I'm the pup of the group) so they will likely be my best source of info.

BUT if she has a major issue happen, like heart attack, stroke, diabetes, or anything that could be considered major, when open enrollment comes back around she would not qualify for the underwriting to go and get a supplement.
Isn't that the same as denying coverage due to a preexisting condition?