B&B Happy Goats....journal

Baymule

Herd Master
Reaction score
Yesterday was cold and rainy all day. I "suited up" in flannel lined jeans, long sleeved thermal shirt, sweat hoodie and Carhart coat over that, plus blanket lined leather gloves. Keeping moving, feeding animals and doing outside chores, I stayed fairly toasty warm. Then I came in and took all the layers off, hung over chairs to dry out. LOL We got another inch of rain, in a slow drizzle that all soaked in. January has been weirdly warm, but we still have February to go, that is usually our coldest month.

thistlebloom

Herd Master
Reaction score
We are also weirdly warm. I had my insulated overalls, and a lightweight wool tshirt on with my barn coat over. (wool sox, insulated snow boots). I was cleaning pens and loading the manure the melting snow has exposed onto my PooBarge sled and draft horsing it down to my winter dump site. Worked up a sweat and shed the coat, got all drizzled on and wet, but didn't get cold till I came in the house and sat still for a few minutes. Sometimes a girl has trouble finding the right temperature.

Duckfarmerpa1

Herd Master
Reaction score
Nope not fancy at all, the silk ones keep the body warmer, aren't bulky and don't cause you to sweat and then have dampness againstt the skin.......ahhhhhh grasshopper you can move better in lighter clothing than bulky clothing...try some, they are great :highfive:
Sounds good..right now I use the marianna wool...times two...not every day, but a lot of days you have to double up on the long johns too! It’s pretty warm today..started out at 29*... :)

Last edited:

Duckfarmerpa1

Herd Master
Reaction score
Thank you STA , I went and had the MRI Thursday and will see the Dr. Tuesday for the results. Sure can't say it's comfortable, my left side of my body is not working with my right side at all, just weakness and definitely nerve pain.
Got some people coming to see the goats tommrow, will see if I think they are suitable for my girls...and can give them a good home.
Thought you may like to see how Lilly and Winston are getting along......View attachment 69239."...puppy love "
That must make your heart smile to see them play like that!! Please keep me/us posted on what happens with the goats, and most definitely, how you are feeling. I know, on my part..I don’t ask a lot of the times because I don’t want to make you sad if you’re feeling good that day, or, maybe you just don’t feel like talking about it...but We are all thinking about you :)

Latest posts