B&B Happy Goats....journal

Duckfarmerpa1

Herd Master
Reaction score
I hadn't mentioned it yet but I have had my neighbors 6 month old puppy here at our place for a few days...this is the SAME puppy that she bought on impulse when I bought Winston. I didn't say anything to her at the time, but I knew at a minimum I would at least be grooming him.
Well ....she kept him in a playpen during his inside time, and when he was allowed out of it he ran amuck , doing as he wished, peeing, pooping and completely out of control inside... and paid no attention when you called him from outside.
Finally she asked leon if I would come see her if I got a minute ( same morning as the goat got under the shed) ....when I went to see her she burst into tears telling me that Boomer had to go, he was too much for her to deal with. ...Soooooo long story short Boomer came home with me and entered "Barbs boot camp" that hot mess of a pup went from running the show to point zero within a hour....he got crate trained, learned to walk on a leash. , eat and drink when I gave it to him ..and go potty when I told him to.. ..in less than 24 hours. All he needed was a leader, ( he is a shih poo, ) he is a smart little guy who just needed direction.
I am happy to say that today we delivered him to a family where the dad is a wounded vet, mom works part time ...and they have a five year old daughter . They had been looking for a small dog and found one , went and picked him out and paid the person $400 as a deposit ....then the person took off with the pup and the money..!
..she was the first person to respond to my ad,.. and I had that gut feeling that this was going to be perfect and it was !
What a wonderful experience, my neighbor is happy, ...the new family is thrilled and Boomer has a family that loves him, a fenced in yard and the heart of a little five year old who is in love with him.
I explained to her exactly how to train him and she "gets it" ...he is in good hands now and his story has a happy new beginning...
And I can definitely say THANK HEAVENS THAT'S OVER :lol:.....that was a intense 48 hours of being up that pups butt and turning him around,....but he succeeded, !!! he sat quietly on my lap, sat by my side and walked along my side like he was in the Westminister Dog show strutting his stuff proudly.
He is going to be a good dog and a little girl is in love with her new best friend...
You are amazing at trying dogs! I’m so glad you were able to help your neighbor, and that nice family! Great job...once again Barb! :love

Latest posts