B&B Happy Goats....journal

drstratton

True BYH Addict
Reaction score
I wonder why the crows are decimating your chicken flock and yet the Red Tool House folks don't have any problems? In fact, he is glad the crows are there because they keep the hawks away:

My son has huge Ravens at their house and they killed their Banty chickens!

Baymule

Herd Master
Reaction score
Berkshire are supposed to have fat marbling throughout the meat. The first feeder pigs we raised were Large Black and Berkshire cross. There is a Berkshire breeder a couple of counties away, but the prices on them are HIGH! If you got these at a reasonable price, count yourself fortunate! If you are going to have these processed, better make an appointment NOW. If you can't get a slaughter date in the next 6-8 months, better plan on slaughtering them yourself. I don't know about your location, but around here, bookings for slaughter are in March to May 2021 already. It's nuts.

I like raising pigs. They are easy to raise and provide a lot of meat. Check out @promiseacres thread on ham and bacon curing.

We have two pigs that will go to slaughter August 24, they don't cure bacon or ham. We have done bacon before and it was the best bacon ever.
Never tried a ham, so following along with promiseacres to see how hers turns out.

Stupid power is flickering on and off. Wach time the internet has to reset itself. I guess I need to get fressed and fo do chores. Misspellings are a result of my typing in the dark I am not a good typist, I gurss i'll comr bask later and post thos.

I tried to post this morning, but the electricity did not cooperate. LOL

drstratton

True BYH Addict
Reaction score
Well....Pork Chop is now a happy pig, I went this morning and bought his bigger brother, we now have Pork Chop # 1 and Pork Chpo # 2...they are having a family reunion right now #2 is leading the way.....
Absolutely have to get that pen finished now says Leon :lol:......our neighbor just paid me for one of the pigs and we are taking turns on buying the feed for them.....should get really interesting when the third pig arrives 🤫
This was poor pathetic Pork Chop #1 this morning before his brother arrived...View attachment 74228
Oh my goodness, I looked at the picture before I read anything and I thought he'd gotten smashed...lol! Glad that wasn't what happened! :)

chickens really

Herd Master
Reaction score
It's no wonder I couldn't see lol, my vision in my righ eye was 20/70 with these glasses and 20/40 in my left eye....new lens corrected to 20/ 40 in left and 20/25 in the right.....He said since the macular tear, that I will always have the blind area but I was lucky to have my perferial vision...so the cost of new lenses to put into my current frame are now $250.....visit $70 cash...and this is at Walmart Vision center , the only game around us for eyewear 🤓
I also need an eye appointment. I can't see far away so my glasses are okay for that but now I pull my glasses off to read. I'm hopefully going to get my eyes tested again soon and have better vision. I use Walmart myself.

drstratton

True BYH Addict
Reaction score
It's no wonder I couldn't see lol, my vision in my righ eye was 20/70 with these glasses and 20/40 in my left eye....new lens corrected to 20/ 40 in left and 20/25 in the right.....He said since the macular tear, that I will always have the blind area but I was lucky to have my perferial vision...so the cost of new lenses to put into my current frame are now $250.....visit $70 cash...and this is at Walmart Vision center , the only game around us for eyewear 🤓
So sorry to hear that! I wish they could do more for macular issues! 😪