B&B Happy Goats....journal

farmerjan

Herd Master
Reaction score
I have been taking off my glasses to read books and such, even the laptop if it is only 12-18 inches away on my lap.... for years now. The glasses give me a headache even with the progressive lenses. I would rather need them for distance than for closeup anyway. Can't see the real fine stuff quite as well as I could..... but hey, at over 65, I am not complaining. Since I read all the time, I strain my eyes probably more than I should. Eyes hadn't changed much at all in over 5 years according to my last checkup. I do it yearly to stay on top of it.

CntryBoy777

Herd Master
Reaction score
We would like to thank Barb and Leon for their wonderful hospitality today and we had an absolute Blast at their place today.... :thumbsup
We did our best to help her celebrate her day.....and share some laughs....didn't take a cake, but hopefully the shrimp dinner sufficed.......🤣.....yall be careful up there and will look forward to our next get-together.....:hugs:highfive::yesss:

Senile_Texas_Aggie

Herd Master
Reaction score
I'm off to bed but on the way out I want to be the first to wish Barb a happy birthday! Yes in little over an hour she will be 1 year older.

Happy Birthday Barb :hugs
Thank you @Bruce :hugs:frow

Miss @B&B Happy goats,

Happy (belated) birthday wishes! If you have read my latest posts on my journal, you will see that for the past week I was having so much fun with my water supply line that I didn't even have time to log into BYH.

On an unrelated topic, regarding the crows, have you considered using decoy crow calls to attract them to your area, where you can then shoot them? I don't know whether or not it is legal in Florida, but I remember when I was a kid (~10 YO) that I went with my dad and 3 uncles to a pine thicket south of the Texas town where we resided which had a small opening. One of my uncles had a portable record player (this was in the early 1960s) that had a record of crows calling. He started playing that record and very soon crows started flying into that small opening in that pine thicket. All of the grownups then would shoot them with shotguns. We probably killed 20 or so crows that day. Maybe that would work for you.

Senile Texas Aggie