B&B Happy Goats....journal

Bruce

Herd Master
Reaction score
Eta came and went quietly here, not tons of rain as predicted, very little wind....just another day in paradise :clap here, cloudy but no rain so far this morning. :thumbsup
Glad to hear it calmed down before travelling through!

Speaking about hurricanes, who has ever heard of them getting half way through the Greek alphabet?! It’s insane.
This year has 1 more named storm than the previous high year - 2005

Mike CHS

Herd Master
Reaction score
Mel is doing great and seems really happy. I had to pop him the other day since he seemed to think that I should join in with him and Maisy in their play fighting. I pulled them away from the sheep about a week ago and they are in the nursery paddock so they will be greeting the lambs and their moms as they are separated from the main flock. The best thing is that they seemed to firm up their bonding since all they have at the moment is each other.

He has gotten spoiled on his food though. I always add a bit of dog food or cooked meat to their bowls when I feed but forgot to add the goods yesterday. Mel came up and smelled around the bowl and when he didn't scent the good stuff he just walked away. They are both funny in that Maisy loves the added meat but if I add dog food to her kibble, she will eat everything in the bowl except the dog food and whatever kibble might have dog food attached.

Mel 17 Nov 2020.JPG

Bruce

Herd Master
Reaction score
Love the Mel notes :D
My 2 alpacas are "food discerning" as well. If there isn't any sweet feed in their twice daily ration of llama and alpaca maintenance pellets they won't eat it. They've even been known to pick out the sweet feed pellets and leave the others. I don't know how they manage that since they are fed in small bins that hang over the gate. It isn't like they can see what is in there when their nose is down in it.

B&B Happy goats

Herd Master
Reaction score
Happy leftover day to everyone, how many days can you eat turkey ? I cooked the one that had been running the neighborhood....tough boy, stringy. .......sooo the pigs ate him and we had half of neighbors fried turkey, absolutely delicious! ....
great day to work outside here, all four dogs will get a bath ( unless goats start kidding) ...lots to do as usual, enjoy your day all :thumbsup

Latest posts