B&B Happy Goats....journal

B&B Happy goats

Herd Master
Reaction score
Neighbors goat went into labor yesterday at 9:30 am , she texted me at 1pm to say she was having problems....by 2pm I had untangled the four kids and they were out, two boys and two girls :highfive: ...this morning our goat Beth went into labor and we had triplets, two boys and one girl :weeeour animal math took us from five goats to ten lol....three rabbits to ten rabbits, four dogs to 13...all from Tuesday to sunday....one more goat to kid in a month or so then Jazz is due for puppies...washer and dryer are working overtime and we are beat, hitting the hay early tonight, and hoping for a quiet week ahead...😍:bow🤪:yesss::frow

B&B Happy goats

Herd Master
Reaction score
Me too, first was botton first, second backwards, third upside down and last botton first....last one was cold when I went back to check, so it came inside with hot towels till 9 pm, slept in neighbors bed with them and took first bottle at 4am, and 6am, ...after Beth kiddedI, I got some of her colostrum and brought it to her for goat to drink, ...all's well that ends well 😍

B&B Happy goats

Herd Master
Reaction score
Ahhh crap, neighbors goat that had quads has no milk...none, so the four kids are inside her house till we get them on a schedule and used to the bottle....then will most likely come here as it's too much for her to care for at her age....thankfully we have a lot of frozen goat milk taking up space....seems like its always something to keep us busy 🤪 :hu

B&B Happy goats

Herd Master
Reaction score
Just when you thought it was safe to go back in the water - I mean BARN! LOL

Is she sure there is no milk? After a hard kidding she may just be slow to make and let down. If the vet gives her a shot of Oxytocin it could help bring in her milk. Do you have a goat vet?
She had some milk yesterday, but when I checked her a while ago one side has "collapsed" and the other just has a few drops of clear fluid...and she smells bad back there...trying to find some LA 200 , nobody has it available for sale in stock.....and she doesn't want to pay for a vet, as it is, she was just going to leave three of the kids with her to let nature take its course ......
I think I have her convinced to let me sell the kids as bottle babies so neither of us will have to bottle feed for a few months ....But I am positive that she has no milk ....and will never be bred again ! ( I have the sperm donor)

Last edited:

Ridgetop

Herd Master
Reaction score
Selling as bottle babies is a good idea. Especially if you supply a small amount of frozen milk to switch onto replacer (or offer to do it for the buyers). They are very cute at that age and with so many people stuck at home n quarantine, bottle feeding will not be a hardship - particularly if they have children at home to do the feeding. You can bottle babies sell as young as 2 weeks if you give CDT now.

Latest posts