B&B Happy Goats....journal

B&B Happy goats

Herd Master
Reaction score
All the male baby goats just left our place, tomorrow he will be back to get Moe AND Rocky ...then in two weeks he is buying my two doe's and their two little girls :celebrate ...some of my chickens and turnikns too....neighbor has now decided that I need to sell her two donkeys and one of the girl quads :yesss:..that will leave her with three goats and her chickens...and we will keep our weather and the mini nubian ( who most likely is) pregnant....this works out awesome all the way around :weee
He also gave me a GREAT cash price to put a metal roof on the house so we are now on his schedule to get that done....things are finally headed towards my plan of EASY :love...get the pigs in the freezer, garden ready and actually have time to finish other projects I want to get done......
Bottle feeding is over ...:clap:clap:clap:bow:weee

B&B Happy goats

Herd Master
Reaction score
You got things going your way!
Bay , I am exhausted and ready to get things going in a "easier" direction, absolutely love baby goats, don't mind bottle feeding much either, but with 9 puppies and the four dogs, taking care of neighbor when she needs help, Leon is down and more puppies due in March, I KNEW I needed to come up with something workable...going to set my butt down in the recliner and do nothing until tommrow.... :thumbsup :yesss::highfive::bunny

farmerjan

Herd Master
Reaction score
YAY !!!!!!! So glad that it is working out. Hope that you can get her donkeys sold. That will be a big load off you and worrying about her all the time.... and I suspect that he is talking cash so that he has something that he doesn't have to claim.... I'm all for it with the way things are looking. Plus, it sounds like you have made a good connection.

One thing, and I don't want to rain on your parade in any way. If things keep getting tighter and more expensive... you may have trouble getting rid of the puppies. They are not AS essential as food, fuel, all the necessities... I know that the cross will be a good service type dog for some.... and I think that it is a good thing overall. BUT, I am worried that if you don't get them all spoken for, young, that if things get tight for many... with reduced hours or layoffs, people going from 2 income households to one, needing to cut back and all... that you will get stuck with puppies that people can't afford... or can't afford to keep and feed.... They are absolutely adorable at 4-6-8 weeks.... but then they get a little older, and cost alot more to for you to feed.... and they are just not that "adorable" little puppy stage... the gawky teenager size.... nice as they might be.....

I just don't want you to one day say, OMG what am I going to do with this litter... or there are 3 more that aren't spoken for.... Even if in your wonderful generous way, you were to wind up giving a pup or pups away.... will others be able to feed and care for them. And you will agonize over whether they are being taken care of like you did with Lily(?)...

Please don't think that I am against the puppies or anything..... but the constant signing of the executive orders and the shutting down of jobs and things... is going to "trickle down" into the economy at a faster speed than many think I am afraid.

B&B Happy goats

Herd Master
Reaction score
I have given that much thought and have a resource that trains labradoodles for service dogs and places them in homes that can't afford to purchase them....also have been keeping up with the current "listed " prices" on the internet...it definitely is something I have been concerned about and I don't feel you are being negative about at all :) ...I have Lilly's litter and Jazz's in March, then no plans to rebreed until I see what happens with the economy...currently prices are at a high, but even if placed for free with the service dog group the puppies will be having a purpose to help people like Lilly and Winston have helped me with my needs...that's part of my reasons to sell the goats, reduce my feed costs and apply those funds to support the costs on the feeding dogs and their pups...(although I do have my dog fund )...scary times are coming our way for sure and I see some people charging outrageous prices for these dogs, like some at $6000 :ep...I could easily be happy at $500 if things get bad or free to a needed home....guess time will tell, and I am committed to these two litters now...gotta roll with it at the moment then adjust my plan accordingly...
On the new roof, yes cash does wonders on getting a good deal price wise :love
Any more farm animal will be for eating only ( other than the two goats we are keeping as pets ) and the cat :love

Last edited:

farmerjan

Herd Master
Reaction score
Thanks for taking what I said as it was meant. And I realize that you are committed with the current and coming litter. I just think back to the hay shortages and the terribly high costs, with many people having reduced incomes, and the problem with horses being literally turned out loose to fend for themselves a few years ago. There are enough abandoned dogs and cats around.... it would break your heart if someone were to get a puppy and then have to get rid of it..... or abandon it.....or worse..... if they faced a severe reduced financial situation. I know that you are also not rich, and this is hopefully a way to provide a service and to make a little extra income....but you would not be able to deal with the increased feed bills if you wound up with keeping a half dozen more puppies.
It sounds like you have most of the bases covered that you can possibly cover at this point. Good planning.

B&B Happy goats

Herd Master
Reaction score
I know that you are also not rich, and this is hopefully a way to provide a service and to make a little extra income....but you would not be able to deal with the increased feed bills if you wound up with keeping a half dozen more puppies.
It sounds like you have most of the bases covered that you can possibly cover at this point. Good planning.
This made me pause and got me to thinking ( please don't take it as a negative response)......I AM rich ...I wake up every day and get to choose what I want to do...I owe nothing on my home, land, or vehicles, my debt is minimal and could be paid off if we choose to do so....I don't have to deal with snow or high heating bills....no congestion of traffic or mass amount of other human beings...I have a wonderful relationship with my personal beliefs in God...I have personal savings and investments...I get to pursue my animal passions..I can afford to help others..I have a man who loves me to the moon and back.
.I am rich beyond my wildest dreams, in fact as of this post ...I realized I am wealthier than I could ever dream of :love

Last edited:

Latest posts