B&B Happy Goats....journal

B&B Happy goats

Herd Master
Reaction score
Count your lucky stars! Call and get a slaughter date must like that! Bye Bye piggies.

I have never heard of a merle poodle. She is beautiful, I love her!
Thank you Bay, she is absolutely beautiful, but this is her third home since leaving her breeder...she is house broken, but nobody has taught her any manners...she. is a very happy girl with lots of energy that apparently no one has taken the time to burn off several times per day...she loves to run and play hard and now plays chase the ball with the rest of them as they tumble and roll after getting it, about 45 minutes of that three times a day I can get her to focus on the simple things like sit, wait for her treat...but still hasn't mastered down, stay or jumping up at me for my attention...boot camp gets started today lol, she is brilliant smart so it shouldn't be too long to get her corrected of her undesired habits.....standard poodles tend to be a PITA from 8 months to around 18 months old, she will get it...at least she comes when called and seems to understand her outside boundaries and the word NO...thankfully she has been raised around goats and chickens so no interest there in eating them up....
I would much rather train a adult spoo than get a puppy and start from there with potty traing and chewing everything....I think she is going to work out just fine , just got to tweek out her few bad habits 😋

B&B Happy goats

Herd Master
Reaction score
Well I guess this is just the place to admit how stupid I can be...the processor called me while I was out doing some roosters...like in the middle of sending them to freezer camp ,... and said he was on his way to pick up the hogs...OK, so I stopped and cleaned up what I had already done....he gets here and gets the truck backed to the gate and asked me how long I have been feeding my pigs ,....I told him what I was told they were and had them since May....he told me that they would never get any size to them because they were wild feral florida pigs that live out in the swamps .. The seller lied big time, and this will be the most expensive pork I have ever eaten......it sure better taste good :duc :somad....

B&B Happy goats

Herd Master
Reaction score
Florida Swamp Hog.....that's what will be for dinner in two week....SWAMP HOG......boy how I want to go give that guy I bought them from a piece of my mind , .sadly my mind is gone so I won't, but sure am P1$$ed off at him and his lies that came out of his mouth when I bought them :he

B&B Happy goats

Herd Master
Reaction score
Omg that's awful! Hopefully they are tasty. If they are tasty, maybe you can capture your own swamp pigs next time?

How did the seller advertise? Can you report them or at least make others aware of their lies?
It was a CL ad, ...I definitely will flag every ad this person posts on Craigslist and once I find his name again I will post a horrible. review.....I hope swamp hog is tasty :lol:...definitely will post my opinion once they are done and hit the frying pan ;)

farmerjan

Herd Master
Reaction score
Don't remember if you ever posted a picture of them.... BUT.... one nearly fool proof, sure fire, tell tale way to know there is feral hog in them is if they have stripes down their body... lengthwise... ALL feral influenced hogs have the typical stripes... some more pronounced than others... and they will have longer snouts... more narrow heads......
Even if someone has some that have been bred to domestic breeds, the piglets will almost always have some striping....They ought to have flavor... hopefully they are castrated.... wild hog (feral) will often have alot of "taint" and if intact boars after 100-150 lbs.... they will have that tell tale taste.

Hope that they will at least give you some good meat. They are probably fatter than they would be if not being fed, and should taste milder...

Lots of people that do hog hunting for feral hogs in places like Texas and other states where they are over running everything, will eat the 100+ lb ones.... but the big boars, and even the sows, get gamey and tough....and if they are killing as many as they can on hunts, I don't think some of them even bother to gut to eat...they are a horrible nuisance and destroy acres of pasture, crop land and forest.

B&B Happy goats

Herd Master
Reaction score
Don't remember if you ever posted a picture of them.... BUT.... one nearly fool proof, sure fire, tell tale way to know there is feral hog in them is if they have stripes down their body... lengthwise... ALL feral influenced hogs have the typical stripes... some more pronounced than others... and they will have longer snouts... more narrow heads......
Even if someone has some that have been bred to domestic breeds, the piglets will almost always have some striping....They ought to have flavor... hopefully they are castrated.... wild hog (feral) will often have alot of "taint" and if intact boars after 100-150 lbs.... they will have that tell tale taste.

Hope that they will at least give you some good meat. They are probably fatter than they would be if not being fed, and should taste milder...

Lots of people that do hog hunting for feral hogs in places like Texas and other states where they are over running everything, will eat the 100+ lb ones.... but the big boars, and even the sows, get gamey and tough....and if they are killing as many as they can on hunts, I don't think some of them even bother to gut to eat...they are a horrible nuisance and destroy acres of pasture, crop land and forest.
The processor said they we florida "piney hogs" found on the woods in the swamps, no stripes on them and they were cut when bought..but long snouts with thin heads, pretty much as you described...solid black swamp pigs had better taste good because he already told me the two of them won't yield much pork.....and the pork chops will be way smaller than my fist .....darn it all, I was hoping for chops at least half the size of @Baymule WILBER...
Hog hunting here is very common, I guess catching pregnant ones and selling the piglets as something else is common also .....so mad at myself for believing his lie and putting $900 of feed into them....what a stupid thing to do... :he ....all this time I have been telling DH how great fresh pork is ......
Hopefully they are delicious 😉

farmerjan

Herd Master
Reaction score
They will probably taste good, since they were cut.... and you might get more than you think.... didn't know that there is a black florida piney hog.... they have been getting good feed so it will definitely be better than just plain wild ones from out in the swamps....
Well, if there is a next time make sure they are white yorkshires, or black/white belted hampshires, or hereford hogs or something.... Just look at it this way.... you still had all 3 so not like one died or "flew away" ..... could be worse.