B&B Happy Goats....journal

B&B Happy goats

Herd Master
Reaction score
Four days ago I pulled a few weeds as I was walking into the house, stopped as I got some very fine hairs from the weed in my right thumb...couldn't get them out...now my right thumb is swollen, wtist won't work enough to open a door know and whatever it is is going into my elbow...no red lines, just swelling and very painful...have used Epsom salt soaks, anti inflammatory pills I had,...learnd my lesson...use gloves next ti mm e, or just let them grow and mow them down...one finger typing is the pits !

Baymule

Herd Master
Reaction score
Sorry about the weeds fighting back. Danged weeds! I am sporting a splinter driven all the length of my fingernail. I got drawing salve and put it on several times a day with a bandaid to cover it for 4 or 5 days, Epsom salt soaks in hot water. It's still there, but it doesn't hurt any more. I figure it will just have to eventually grow out.

B&B Happy goats

Herd Master
Reaction score
What kind of weed was it Barb? Sounds like you had a pretty bad allergic reaction, do you have any Benadryl?
The anti inflammatory has helped the most, ...I can't identify the weed other than possibility a nasty nettle, but I didn't get itchy or any rash that supposedly comes with it, so ? Maybe getting to be a ole fart makes me more sensitive to things that hadn't bothered me in the past....but I have learned my lesson...GLOVES :love

messybun

True BYH Addict
Reaction score
The anti inflammatory has helped the most, ...I can't identify the weed other than possibility a nasty nettle, but I didn't get itchy or any rash that supposedly comes with it, so ? Maybe getting to be a ole fart makes me more sensitive to things that hadn't bothered me in the past....but I have learned my lesson...GLOVES :love
Gloves or a shovel! That sounds so painful! Chamomile might also help with pain and swelling.

Latest posts