Babies, babies and MORE babies!

Who will have the first litter of the year!

• Georgia

Votes: 1 33.3%
  • Lilly

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Colby

• Tally

• Maggie

• Roxy

• Kit-Kat

• Jazmine

• Honey

• Total voters

samssimonsays

Milo & Me Hoppy Tail Acres
Reaction score
somewhere in the Northern region of Minnesota
Hopefully anyways...

I have 9 breeding french lop does currently in my barn and have not gotten anything all spring so far... usually i have a litter from between 50 and 75% of my does by now but the wacky weather changes have really caused some issues over here. But after palpating they all seem to palpate positive. I have been breeding regularly and all does have been receptive so anyone is fair game on who could be first! Now it is just a waiting game...

9345915_orig.jpg7336070_orig.jpg210246_orig.jpg
Georgia -BRKNGold Tp'd Stl Lilly -BRKN opal Colby-black
3659581_orig.jpg 5593582_orig.jpg1616389_orig.jpg
Tally -blue Maggie -Chinchilla Roxy-REW
9909363_orig.jpg 8710857_orig.jpg 1860874_orig.jpg
Kit-Kat-BRKN Squirrel Jazmine-BRKN black Honey-Chestnut

samssimonsays

Reaction score
And my up and coming babes are as follows:

2637748_orig.jpg
Jackie Frost-Frosted pearl doe born in november
5528939_orig.jpg
Baby Blue-blue doe born in september

Picking the following up this weekend at lop nationals:
6664806_orig.jpg
Theodore-broken cream buck born in december
9951779_orig.jpg
Evey-blue doe born in december
download_20150412_193059.jpeg
Phoebe- broken orange/fawn born in december

I am also looking at a broken opal doe also born in december... Not sure why all of them were december babies but it just turned out that way I guess!

samssimonsays

Reaction score
Good Luck :fl cool colors of the parents- it will be neat to see what color the kits look like!
Thanks! I am hoping a variety, I LOVE variety if you cannot tell LOL! I don't really have any colors in my does that double aside from blue now and maybe opal... and non in my bucks either. :) Exactly how I like it hehe! Chestnut is so darn dominant that EVERYONE has them and the colors, with show type and size, are impossible to find around me! I have michigan, wisconsi, north dakota and illinois rabbits mostly now. Hope to add one from ohio as well ;)

Hens and Roos

Herd Master
Reaction score
Thanks! I am hoping a variety, I LOVE variety if you cannot tell LOL! I don't really have any colors in my does that double aside from blue now and maybe opal... and non in my bucks either. :) Exactly how I like it hehe! Chestnut is so darn dominant that EVERYONE has them and the colors, with show type and size, are impossible to find around me! I have michigan, wisconsi, north dakota and illinois rabbits mostly now. Hope to add one from ohio as well ;)

Yep, Chestnut is very dominant- we bred our FA Chestnut buck to our FA Fawn doe and now have to figure out the colors for 4 of them....the 1 black kit was easy!

samssimonsays

Reaction score
I have 11 does now, adding in for sure the two maybe three. So 14 does and then adding one buck, so 7 bucks BUT I sold one buck and another potentially. So I will be down to 5 bucks and then as soon as I determine if Colby and Tally took or not, about April 27th as the last due date, they are going to a friends home to help her get some colors into her barn. So It will only be 12 does which is what I had until I lost my other broken opal doe.

Let me take a peek I may be able to help :) I know a lady who knows her angoras as well I can always ask her.

Hens and Roos

Herd Master
Reaction score
That's not too bad ;), we are currently at 23 between the Californian and FA's(10 of them are FA kits)- we are getting ready for fair here in July so the kids will have rabbits to show.

I have 1 picture of the group posted on my FA thread, it is hard to see the exact colors- I need to get individual pictures as to show the colors better.

samssimonsays

Reaction score
Yes, I have to get babies to be able to have rabbits to show this year but french don't show well until they are about 4 months old... Sigh. maybe by Minnesota state convention this fall I will have something LOL