Baby Bunnies born today! Colors?

HaloRabbits

Loving the herd life
Reaction score
Is anyone good at identifying colors on Newborn kits? I see the pics where people are like "chestnut, lilac, chocolate, tort" and I am just like o_O how do you know?

ANYWAYS, I have some new kits as of today and am itching to know what colors they are, as I paired two very different rabbits this time a broken red buck and a black (self chin [more than likely]) doe. I expected to have some chestnuts, maybe more black [self chins], possibly a chin.

Can you tell anything so far?

IMG_8854.JPG

promiseacres

Herd Master
Reaction score
Chins and chestnuts will have lighter ears and bellies, while black would be solid in those areas.
The 2 brokens on the farthest right look like that. Hard to tell but some do appear more blue than black.... so maybe. Do you know if your red carries "c" ?

HaloRabbits

Loving the herd life
Reaction score
@promiseacres
I know one of the does grandsires was red and the granddoe was blue. I completely forgot about the possibility of getting a blue. I don't know if the red carries "c"

HaloRabbits

Loving the herd life
Reaction score
Yes, I'll post a pic around then!

HaloRabbits

Loving the herd life
Reaction score
@Hens and Roos Thank you, it was her second litter. 11 babies both times. First time only 5 survived, hoping she's picked up the knowledge to be more successful this time!