Baby bunny Pics!! Help with colors!?

DuckyLou

Ridin' The Range
Reaction score
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
Here are some much better pictures, I think they are just so beautiful! Thank you so much for all of your replies! You have been so very helpful!!

Gingerpool

Chillin' with the herd
Reaction score
@Bunnylady I have seen a white coated polish with blue eyes it was unsettling to see a pure white rabbit without red eyes. Do you know why that rabbit could of had blue not red eyes?

Bunnylady

Herd Master
Reaction score
@Bunnylady I have seen a white coated polish with blue eyes it was unsettling to see a pure white rabbit without red eyes. Do you know why that rabbit could of had blue not red eyes?

Yes, that's a color called Blue-eyed White (BEW). It's caused by the Vienna gene. Vienna is weird; one copy gives you a colored rabbit with some areas of white that may almost look like a Dutch rabbit (called Vienna-Marked or VM). Two copies is a Blue-eyed White. VM may have brown eyes, blue eyes, or even one of each. A bit more unusual is a Vienna Carrier (VC); they are colored like normal but have the Vienna gene, and may give it to their offspring.

Gingerpool

Chillin' with the herd
Reaction score
I've never heard of BEW before. Thanks for the explanation. I guess I do learn a new thing every day.

Latest posts