Baby chicks

marlowmanor

Reaction score
Cute story. Bet the customer that was supposed to get that order wasn't too happy about not getting their order though.

Straw Hat Kikos

The Kiko Cowboy
Reaction score
Yup. I sure would be. First, that's alot of chicks that never get there but then also 106 chicks at lets say $2.50 a bird...that's $265. That's alot of Jack, Jack!

marlowmanor

Reaction score
Straw Hat Kikos said:
Yup. I sure would be. First, that's alot of chicks that never get there but then also 106 chicks at lets say $2.50 a bird...that's $265. That's alot of Jack, Jack!
Yep. They could have been going to someone who planned to resell them for a higher price though like a feed store or an individual that resells on CL. It's a little early for feed stores to start carrying chicks though so I would think more likely an individual who planned to resell.

Royd Wood

Reaction score
Straw Hat Kikos said:
Jack, Jack ????? :hu - money eh - beer tokens, dosh, Spondulicks, brass I have heard of and use but Jack, Jack is a new one - Like it

I would have gladly taken in 106 roadies - great hens

CocoNUT

Overrun with beasties
Reaction score
Ok now wait a minute. while the story was written VERY well (cute, entertaining, etc)....but they SHIPPED the chicks to NY - Fingerlakes region?!?!?! If they're going to argue that the chicks couldn't POSSIBLY survive being shipped again...why not MD, or VA, or WV? Hmmm...and NY is CLOSER than Alabama? I mean...really? There MAY be a FEW hours difference...but STILL. I guess they're "saving" these animals from a fate worse than DEATH by being sent to the original PURCHASER!

That's like the VEGAN farm I read about at T-day. All of their 'rescued' chickens lay eggs. But they don't EAT them...HEAVENS NO! They carry them out to the woodline and leave them there for the 'critters' to eat! OH YES! Let's ENCOURAGE racoons and foxes to breed and eat chicken eggs! Good intenions....just glad I don't live near them!

Straw Hat Kikos

The Kiko Cowboy
Reaction score
Royd Wood said:
Straw Hat Kikos said:
Jack, Jack ????? :hu - money eh - beer tokens, dosh, Spondulicks, brass I have heard of and use but Jack, Jack is a new one - Like it

I would have gladly taken in 106 roadies - great hens
It's only Jack but it sounds better when you finish it with Jack too. Example: "That's how you do it!" or "That's how you do it, Jack!"

So add the Jack on then also use "Jack" for money (common at least here) and you get, "That's alot of Jack, Jack.

pridegoethb4thefall

Ridin' The Range
Reaction score
CocoNUT said:
Ok now wait a minute. while the story was written VERY well (cute, entertaining, etc)....but they SHIPPED the chicks to NY - Fingerlakes region?!?!?! If they're going to argue that the chicks couldn't POSSIBLY survive being shipped again...why not MD, or VA, or WV? Hmmm...and NY is CLOSER than Alabama? I mean...really? There MAY be a FEW hours difference...but STILL. I guess they're "saving" these animals from a fate worse than DEATH by being sent to the original PURCHASER!

That's like the VEGAN farm I read about at T-day. All of their 'rescued' chickens lay eggs. But they don't EAT them...HEAVENS NO! They carry them out to the woodline and leave them there for the 'critters' to eat! OH YES! Let's ENCOURAGE racoons and foxes to breed and eat chicken eggs! Good intenions....just glad I don't live near them!
Reminds me of a similar rescue in my area. They seriously promote veganism on their Animal rescue site. The rescue only farm type animals and try to get them adopted out. BUT, they WONT let you adopt them if you admit you plan to eat them! Oooohhhhh Kaaaaaayyyy.

There just aren't enough homes out there for all the food type animals to start putting restrictions on what you can do with an animal once you own it, IMO. :hu Takes all kinds I guess...

And Im glad I don't live near the rescue CocoNut mentions, Just what I need, predators who have been HANDED a fresh taste of eggs who will go right for MY flock should the chance arise. Don't they know they are contributing to an IMBALANCE of the natural order of things by feeding the predators? :barnie

Straw Hat Kikos

The Kiko Cowboy
Reaction score
Hey, the BEST kind of animal is the kind that you can eat if you don't like it or it doesn't work out and people don't look at you weird. :lol: