Baby goat has scourrs!

Duckfarmerpa1

Herd Master
Reaction score
Ok...this is going to be quick...we have people coming...ugh...we went to check temps...my little brown doe..shot out some scours before I took her temp..as Chris picked her up. Also....little brown temp was 100.5*..very concerned about that...Chris is trying to get me to chill out...of course...I’m not...of course. I hav e pedialyte. I have no clue how much colostrum they got. I did not milk out my girls and bottle feed...we tried to get the kids to fee as much as possible...they looked like they went back a lot. What to do? I read some aggressive treatment for hypothermia...putting her in a bag then in warm water...are we there yet? Do I milk out Busty? Do I give pedilyte? Ugh...thanks..I’ll check in after people leave...they are looking at bunnies...obviously we had no clue about the kids when we set this up...and it’s too late to cancel now..plus, I hate to disappoint the kids...they want to put their bunnies on ‘hold’. Cute. Thanks everyone

lalabugs

True BYH Addict
Reaction score
Baby goats do not have pellet poop. Since your babies we're just born they're fine. They have nasty poops but momma goat will clean them up. When they're on momma goat they will eat a lot of small meals, frequently. I would just keep an eye on her with her just being born. If it's cold there, she could be a little cold. Do they have a heat lamp?

Duckfarmerpa1

Herd Master
Reaction score
Baby goats do not have pellet poop. Since your babies we're just born they're fine. They have nasty poops but momma goat will clean them up. When they're on momma goat they will eat a lot of small meals, frequently. I would just keep an eye on her with her just being born. If it's cold there, she could be a little cold. Do they have a heat lamp?
They are in a very insulated box Chris made with heat lamp...are you sure it’s not scours...it’s runny yellow poop...I don’t see it from the others....

D and L Meadows

Loving the herd life
Reaction score
Is it very runny, like no form at all? A picture would be helpful. If so, It is most likely from them drinking too much at first. Sometimes our kids will do that. It usually clears up in a few days. Just make sure they are still drinking and watch that they don't get constipated after it clears up. Are they acting ok? If the doe does not clean them up, you may have to.

Duckfarmerpa1

Herd Master
Reaction score
Is it very runny, like no form at all? A picture would be helpful. If so, It is most likely from them drinking too much at first. Sometimes our kids will do that. It usually clears up in a few days. Just make sure they are still drinking and watch that they don't get constipated after it clears up. Are they acting ok? If the doe does not clean them up, you may have to.
Ok...I cleaned up the stuff in the hay and that got on the other kids..there is still a tad bit on the back of her leg...I’ll get a picture in the morning..it was very runny...projectile...but it was right as Chris went to pick her up..maybe he put pressure on her tummy? But her temp was low too...but it bounced up. Busty didn’t clean it up. She seems to be drinking ok...it seems like when we are out there they sleep a lot. But I do see her go to the nipple. Then later I saw her poop and it wasn’t near runny..it was..more..like...mayo consistency...sorry to be gross. But, everyone says it’s ok? So, I’m not stressing..but it definitely got all down her legs and everyone else had it on their hooves. No one else had yello poop. I’ve been looking...

Latest posts