Baby goats and Chickens together??

jettesunn05

Chillin' with the herd
Reaction score
Gatorpupsmom said:
TxMom said:
I got 2 boers 2 weeks ago and they get along with my chickens just fine. My problem is the food...the goats are desperate to get to that chicken food. It's driving me crazy...we tried to cut a small pop door for the chickens to get in and out, but the crazy goats somehow managed to get into the coop through the tiny little 10 inch square door. We were right there and saw them, so they didn't get to actually eat the food. We had to close off that door. :( Every time I open the run door...the goats try to charge in there, almost knocking me over in the process.

We are about to fence in a separate area for the goats...I'm already tired of the food struggle, and other issues with keeping them in that yard.
We had the same problem with our Nubian/Alpine doe getting through a chicken door that it could NOT have been physically possible for her to get through!!! We remedied that problem by affixing a square cut from cow panel to the inside of the opening. Chickens can get through it but goat can't......

My husband is thinking of authoring a book....."You Can Build ANYTHING with Cow Panels and/or Duct Tape."

Kim
Ha Ha so true lol!

Chirpy

Loving the herd life
Reaction score
This is what my hubby and son finally came up with to keep our Nigierians out of the chicken coop. This has worked perfectly for over a year now.

Outside view...

IMG_3631.jpg

Inside view:

IMG_3593.jpg

It took the chickens about a day (except for one girl... it took her about three days...:/) to figure out how to jump up and get outside. The goats just can't bend their bodies to get through it.