Baby is here... now I have a stupid question

TXMissy

Loving the herd life
Reaction score
I am embarrassed to even ask this but... i know nothing about birthing and baby goat. Buttercup had her kid this morning. I male. I have no idea what a goat umbilical cord looks like... I also dont know what a goat penis looks Ike. I do not want to put iodine on the wrong thing... lol I'm so dumb.
Also, how long is she going to have this.. mucasy discharge stuff? I want to clean her shed but its pointless until everything is done coming out. The after birth already came out..she ate it. Huckleberry seems to be doing well. He was born this morning between 630 and 7. He seems to be doing well.

Attachments

• 20211202_091310.jpg
    20211202_091310.jpg
    333.7 KB · Views: 107
Last edited:

TXMissy

Loving the herd life
Reaction score
I am embarrassed to even ask this but... i know nothing about birthing and baby goat. Buttercup had her kid this morning. I male. I have no idea what a goat umbilical cord looks like... I also dont know what a goat penis looks Ike. I do not want to put iodine on the wrong thing... lol I'm so dumb.
Also, how long is she going to have this.. mucasy discharge stuff? I want to clean her shed but its pointless until everything is done coming out. The after birth already came out..she ate it. Huckleberry seems to be doing well. He was born this morning between 630 and 7. He seems to be doing well.
Never mind. He peed so that made it easier lol.

messybun

True BYH Addict
Reaction score
You can spot clean her area, but don’t do a total turn over for a day or two at least. You don’t want to stress her. I know you already have it figure out, but if someone else is reading this: when and doubt you can iodine both. Congrats on the baby!

TXMissy

Loving the herd life
Reaction score
You can spot clean her area, but don’t do a total turn over for a day or two at least. You don’t want to stress her. I know you already have it figure out, but if someone else is reading this: when and doubt you can iodine both. Congrats on the baby!
Thank you. I love him. He is the cutest! That is what I ended up doing. I know that area is sensitive, poor girl. It appears everything has stopped. I try to clean her as she lets me. For the most part she is clean, but she does have some spots on her lets and such I would like to clean up. Slowly but surely, we will get her clean. She has done a really good job at keeping Huckleberry clean.