Baby It's Cold Outside

Sheepshape

Herd Master
Reaction score
My girls have less than 6 weeks to go before lambing starts, and the weather has turned cold. At present they are receiving haylage, nothing else, but their appetites have sharpened so their feeders are needing re-filling.

So, here's a couple pf pics. in the early morning light.
Morning light.jpg

Morning light (1).jpg

Rammy

Herd Master
Reaction score
It be cold over here, too! And no snow but lots if biting cold wind. Gave animals extra last night. Will check on them tonight and do the same since we might get some snow tonight. Maybe.

Baymule

Herd Master
Reaction score
Maybe the ewes will wait until you get warmer weather......NOT. Nope, being silly sheep, they will run out in a snow drift to drop their lambs so that they become frozen popcicles. Our job is to convince them otherwise.

Latestarter

Novice; "Practicing" Animal Husbandry
Golden Herd Member
Reaction score
I truly hope you don't have a deja vu with what you went through last year... That was so horrid it almost caused you to walk away from a large part of your life and who/what you are. :fl that it all sorts itself out and things go much more smoothly for you this year.

Sheepshape

Herd Master
Reaction score
That was so horrid it almost caused you to walk away from a large part of your life and who/what you are. :fl that it all sorts itself out and things go much more smoothly for you this year.
Oh, you are so right. Being old has added a degree of resilience, but I can't bear to think of my girls going to market when they have useful life left in them.

I still look forward to lambing (in a masochistic kind of way)

Latest posts