baby kids and hawks

Mini Horses

Herd Master
Reaction score
On way from truck to house after work, I was startled by a cottontail bolting out from under some azaleas at the front of the house. LOL, wonder where it grew up -- they generally don't stray far from their nest their entire life. Cute.

B&B Happy goats

Herd Master
Reaction score
We have NGD, KIDS and chickens,..... next to us is a very old oak tree that the hawks nest in....nobody has lost a kid goat ..., but neighbor has seen a few baby chicks flying off in the grips of the hawks...it's illegal to shoot them here....ummmm, when they are active,... after our animals in our area, .....there are gun shots flying also....country folk do what they need to do

Robyn8

Loving the herd life
Reaction score
We have NGD, KIDS and chickens,..... next to us is a very old oak tree that the hawks nest in....nobody has lost a kid goat ..., but neighbor has seen a few baby chicks flying off in the grips of the hawks...it's illegal to shoot them here....ummmm, when they are active,... after our animals in our area, .....there are gun shots flying also....country folk do what they need to do

Thanks for your reply! Our kids are now 6 months old and we had no issues when they were tinier. We had a hawk get one of our chicks last summer but no issues this summer. Our Pyr is more mature now and outside a lot more so maybe that has helped.

B&B Happy goats

Herd Master
Reaction score
As a added note, it is illegal in the united stares and canada to kill birds of prey, that includes hawks and owls, that being said, i was not aware that a hawk can carry from six to sixty lbs....so dogs,cats, chickens and goats are all at risk, i suppose we are also. Well i for one will protect my animals and myself....whatever way is quickest.....

Latest posts