Back from the mills

Roving Jacobs

Seeing Spots
Reaction score
I've finally got almost all of my spring shearing back from the mills I sent it off to and had to share! All that's left is a Jacob wool yarn that took forever to prep because its going to be 1 ply black/lilac and one ply white spun together. Separating the colors was a big pain but I think its going to look awesome when its done.

From Still River Mill:

80% mohair/20% merino sport weight I think

100% jacob wool in worsted weight

jacob rug yarn

From Ozark Carding Mill

Left is white romedale in fingerweight, right is cormo in bulky

Love the cormo yarn! I'm picking up 3 more cormos because I can't get enough of it so next year I'll also have it in black and heathered grey.

I've got my kid mohair from fall shearing washed and ready to send out but I still have to skirt the adult mohair. And by then it will be time for spring shearing again! It just never ends.

norseofcourse

Herd Master
Reaction score
Those look so cool! I like the Jacob worsted one the best, I think because right now I'm partial to the natural colored wools.

Have you ever tried spinning it yourself?

Roving Jacobs

Seeing Spots
Reaction score
My mom and I spin a little bit, mostly for demos but there really aren't enough hours in the day to spin everything we need to sell. We also buy alpaca and sometimes other wools from people so we need over 100 lbs of fiber a year skirted, washed, carded and spun. We do all the prep but we're happy to send it off for someone else to make into good, consistent yarn for us.

BrownSheep

Lost in the flock
Reaction score
What mill do you use? I would like to get a small batch done. Just 1-4 fleeces.

Those are all beautiful by the way!