Back to the vet today

abooth

Ridin' The Range
Reaction score
Hey everyone, some of you may remember I had a wether that went to the vet last month for an infection in his scrotum. Well Friday the same lamb was laying down a lot. And yesterday he seemed to be off his feed. I took a little look at him and noticed his scrotum was getting really swollen again. It's usually pretty big because of all the scar tissue left over from treating him last month but now it is HUGE. It hangs down to below his hocks. I think he was laying down because of all that weight. Anyway I took him back to the vet today. They started him on antibiotics again. He is also going to need surgery to remove the scrotum. He can't have surgery until his fever gets under control. What a mess!

aggieterpkatie

The Shepherd
Reaction score
My goodness, the poor guy! I hope they can get it under control quickly!

warthog

Overrun with beasties
Reaction score
:hugs So sorry to hear this, I hope everything works out for you.

abooth

Ridin' The Range
Reaction score
So my lamb Zinger had surgery yesterday. He had a scrotal hernia. What was causing his swelling was omentum coming down into the scrotum. I really wish I had brought my camera. It was pretty cool as field trips go. He seems to be doing well so far.

aggieterpkatie

The Shepherd
Reaction score
abooth said:
So my lamb Zinger had surgery yesterday. He had a scrotal hernia. What was causing his swelling was omentum coming down into the scrotum. I really wish I had brought my camera. It was pretty cool as field trips go. He seems to be doing well so far.
I'm glad they finally figured out the cause! And I love his name! :lol:

Latest posts