Bad behavior when in heat? Little one getting beat up :(

StoneWallFarmer

Chillin' with the herd
Reaction score
I have a 6mo ND doe who seems to be in heat, tail flagging, being vocal etc. The problem is with all my other goats, 5 other NDs and 2 Aplines.

They are beating her up bad! :somad It got so bad last night that I brought her inside for the night. Took her back out this morning and sure enough they were all over her immediatly, trampling her to the ground. I seperated her with the most calm of the other NDs and now THAT doe is beating her up. The really weird part is that my buck is paying zero attention to her??:hu He's out browsing and next to the fence she is in, but is completely ignoring her.

I gave her a good once over last night, shes eating normally, seems perfectly healthy. I know goats can be a lil crazy :rant but I'm worried about this behavior. Now that she is away from the rest of the herd they are all peacfull and calm.

:he :barnie

ksalvagno

Alpaca Master
Reaction score
Maybe try another goat to be her buddy. While there is plenty that is normal goat behavior, everyone beating her up is a problem. If you could find one goat in the herd to be her buddy and not beat her up that would be great.